World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Full of confidence following crustys superb Cod yesterday and reports of sizable sole being caught crusty and I headed out this eve for a fish.
According to the met office we should only have a few light showers:cry: why do i trust them it peed down the whole time we were out. :wallbash:
Crusty was first to get a fish.... A flounder all of about 6oz not the biggy we were expecting but at least there were fish infront of us. We were getting lots of little rattles and then I had a better bite that gave me a slack liner. winding down into it, damn i think missed it, but no in comes a small hand sized sole, first of the year for me, and how it lifted a 6oz lead ill never know.:laugh: slipped it back continued to have a few more rattles but no real takes, then I had a better rattle that resulted in a codling, just insize.
That was the sum total of fish for the evening. no lunkers, but i got my sole to add to the species list and theres always next time!
Cheers once again crusty, Top man:1a:

·
Doggystyles
5,037 Posts
oh dear me lads i cannot believe you ventured out in that, it was a bloody monsoon down my way lol well done on getting some fish and karl on the new species......have a nice cup of warm milk and snuggle up with teddy next to the fire ready for the next insane session:1a: cracking job lads!:crazy:

·
Registered
2,848 Posts
it was a good laugh mate. My waterproofs kept me nice and wet for the whole session. My jumper was gettin wet in the box, and after 3 hours shivering I put that on cos it was dryer than the t shirt. Thawed out now though lol........ till the next time mate, gotta work flat out for a bit so dont catch too many this week :bounce::bounce::bounce:

·
Registered
332 Posts
According to the met office we should only have a few light showers:cry: why do i trust them it peed down the whole time we were out. :wallbash:

Know how you feel.
Ran the Bristol 1/2 marathon on sunday, expected a dry run showers later!

Got ran for the first half:bangin::wallbash:

At least the the weather man got wet as well as he ran it:roll1::roll1::roll1::roll1:

Finished the race in 1hr 51mins 51secs
:clap:

·
Registered
2,227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
bldy hell,boys,well done on fighting the weather and catching soles!i am sad that i had to miss it :(
Cheers Alex, It was wet! ive just moved my goldfish into my tackle box
still time for a sole mate they should be around for a while yet.:wiggle:

Know how you feel.
Ran the Bristol 1/2 marathon on sunday, expected a dry run showers later!
Got ran for the first half:bangin::wallbash:
At least the the weather man got wet as well as he ran it:roll1::roll1::roll1::roll1:
Finished the race in 1hr 51mins 51secs
:clap:
Fair play Patrick, I couldnt even run hundred yards. glad to hear you got your time!! many didnt i hear.
see you had a venture out. you seem to be able to find the flounder, and a couple of keepers.
Lets hope this seasons gonna be better than last

1 - 7 of 7 Posts