World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi all ..

I am looking for a new rod which I intend to use for calm days fishing for plaice and other flatties ..

I am after a rod that is light weight up to around 14foot with good bite detection ..

Will need to cast over 100 yards will use 8lb mono or fine braid .. Casting up to 5oz

Seems to be loads of continental rods that look to fit the bill but really unsure on a manufacture to go for.

You know where you are with Penn or Daiwa etc

I have come across Yuki, Grauvell, Vercelli .. All look good rods slim light has anyone used these rods and what's your thoughts ..

I currently use 2x 14 foot Shakespeare K2 Ti's for all my fishing which are good rods for clean marks just want something a bit lighter ..

Cheers
Paul

·
Registered
1,508 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Cheers all ..

Gulp I did have a read through that thread adds a load more to the mix are most the rods in this for multipliers

Most the fishing will be clam days at Bexington or ..

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
Why 14'? a decent bass rod will get you 100 yards, like Mikey said, how about a powerstix bass, I use one sometimes when Chesils quiet, ideal..and it'll get you your distance

·
Registered
121 Posts
You could try a Vercelli Enygma Xilenius. I bought a couple of these for flattie bashing and for the price (£105) IMHO are worth the money. With the hybrid tip the sensitivity is superb and the rods are very light.

·
Registered
9,103 Posts
What sort of prices you have in mind?
Ive this one friend got pair so one for me for float fishing Chesil so can hold out over first wave got the 5 meter one must say very impressed only 120gram total casting weight but with a float and 1oz ish weight using Shimmy 10'000 XTE baitrunner on 0.30mm line flies with very little effort.
but also use with my 65 multi 0.30mm line 3 hook flapper with a Breakaway flat lead 95gram had full whose of Mud tings(was after dragging through mud!)got them up wall no problem surprised on back bone it's got they wasn't massive tings but sizeable.
But welcome to try it out as hopefully going to give it a try down there for flatties soon has 3 tips also.

Bluefish steve had the Cassopeia version for sale other week on here.
the marketing for Trabucco is total pants but the rod speaks for it's self
Also have a look at the Shimano versions not bad prices for good rods Waveinn.com have them

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks again gives me a lot to think about shows how long it is since I brought a rod never heard of half these manufactures ...

Last rod I brought was my K2 Ti that was pretty much it for long light rods back then !!

Great help and gives me plenty of choice I think a couple of trips to the tackle shops is on the cards

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.