World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went down to a south cornish coast mark last night after a bass or too. Got there 2 hours before low water and cast out. There were two other anglers there on the left hand side of the beach.

About an hour in and two more anglers came down the beach with seemingly the brightest headlights in the world! Flashing brightly they proceeded to inspect all areas of the sea several times before they set up. Their beams seemed to reach right across the beach. Anyway, coincidence or not that seemed to kill the fishing

We decided to leave the Lighthouse Family to it and decided to drive down to Sennen to fish the flood tide. Caught three bass between us at Sennen, biggest only 2lb so all were returned. We also caught several huge rafts of weed, stalks included. The weed put up a great fight in the surf and in the left to right rip tide lol.

·
Registered
2,259 Posts
what is it with people and headlights??:crazy::crazy:

I fished loe bar last December and it looked like Blackpool pleasure beach!!:hammer: only Tommo managed a bass (prob foul hooked on feathers!:crazy: lol) no other decent fish caught.

Makes me laff "all the gear, no idea" rings a bell!!! A good headlight is essential for safety, but whilst waiting for the little fishies to hook themselves, please switch off your lights:victory: especially when fishing next to others:victory:

I have a nice little headlight that i can switch to red which is good enough to see what i am doing and also stops me blinding my fellow anglers whilst talking to them.:group:

well done on the schoolies CG.:victory: I'll be back out fishing next week hopefully.....

Did you pop into my "little hideaway" :secret:yesterday? Gloria described a couple with a close resemblance to you two!:crazy:

·
Registered
25,132 Posts
Went down to a south cornish coast mark last night after a bass or too. Got there 2 hours before low water and cast out. There were two other anglers there on the left hand side of the beach.

About an hour in and two more anglers came down the beach with seemingly the brightest headlights in the world! Flashing brightly they proceeded to inspect all areas of the sea several times before they set up. Their beams seemed to reach right across the beach. Anyway, coincidence or not that seemed to kill the fishing

We decided to leave the Lighthouse Family to it and decided to drive down to Sennen to fish the flood tide. Caught three bass between us at Sennen, biggest only 2lb so all were returned. We also caught several huge rafts of weed, stalks included. The weed put up a great fight in the surf and in the left to right rip tide lol.
Welldone on catching and putting up with the weed:victory::victory::victory: Shame the NUMPTYS spoilt it with the lights,ive gone a whole night bassing without switching on a torch.:hammer:

·
Registered
3,630 Posts

Attachments

·
Registered
2,259 Posts
Tommo managed a bass (prob foul hooked on feathers!:crazy: lol) no other decent fish caught.

It was me that had the bass,also had a light on my head.lol:victory:

oh lol:crazy::crazy::group: sorry, did you foul hook it on feathers ? ha ha hee hee:victory:

i'm gonna try and get up your way middle/end of next week....let me know when you and tommo are free:victory::crazy::group:

·
Registered
2,883 Posts
Well done CG on the target specie,headlights and bass fishn,jules and i were on caerhays one nite when 3 guys came down with a north star lamp we had been having fish but they stopped as if a switch had been thrown:hammer:,after an hour these guys were getting weeded so naffed off and by the time they were back to their car we were back into the fish,DAMN lights.Aj.:victory:

·
Registered
263 Posts
well done on catching I haven't had a bass in ages, I've noticed the same as AJ, was at Praa in June and had caught a mini turbot on low and two schoolies just after dark, then a couple of prats set up next to me with two pressure lanterns about 40 yards away, that was the end of the fishing, I should have moved but couldn't be bothered.

·
Registered
25,132 Posts
oh lol:crazy::crazy::group: sorry, did you foul hook it on feathers ? ha ha hee hee:victory:

i'm gonna try and get up your way middle/end of next week....let me know when you and tommo are free:victory::crazy::group:
Sounds good lynie:victory::victory::victory: I have an evenings boat trip sometime next week so i will find out off the skipper what night we are going:victory:

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
I think its all coincidence personally....ive been catching bass under lights on a pontoon....theyve been chassing tiny white flies (shrimp patterns) also catch scad and garfish!! awsome fun on the fly rod, especially when you can see tham taking the fly right under your feet!!!

I also tend to leave my head torch on whilst beach fishing as i dont like the idea of attaching a tip light to a rod worth a couple of hundred quid!!! we still catch plenty of bass!!!

some fish are spooked by lights but i really dont think that bass that are in the feeding mode will be to put off by a light 40ft away on a beach???

(im sure someone will prove me wrong though!!!!!! :shutup::unsure:)

cheers j

·
Registered
25,132 Posts
I think its all coincidence personally....ive been catching bass under lights on a pontoon....theyve been chassing tiny white flies (shrimp patterns) also catch scad and garfish!! awsome fun on the fly rod, especially when you can see tham taking the fly right under your feet!!!

I also tend to leave my head torch on whilst beach fishing as i dont like the idea of attaching a tip light to a rod worth a couple of hundred quid!!! we still catch plenty of bass!!!

some fish are spooked by lights but i really dont think that bass that are in the feeding mode will be to put off by a light 40ft away on a beach???

(im sure someone will prove me wrong though!!!!!! :shutup::unsure:)

cheers j
If its a harbour/pontoon with lights then the fish probably recognize this,but if the fish are in close and its pitch black then i am sure a light appearing from nowhere would scare them.

G

·
when I fish Loe Bar I always have the Coleman on, it keeps me warm under the brolly, doesn't affect my fishing as I'm usually after fish other than Bass.

·
Registered
759 Posts
well done on catching, but i thaught you lot have allways lured your shipping on to the rocks, especially now there is a recession.:roll1:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts