World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi all great site. fished the lighthouse at newport tue 28th oct.didnt have much luck just a couple of whiting.fished two rods with lug and squid.got back to car park and a bloke called spike had a nice 13lb cod caught on rag.so they are out there. hope to go again this week so will keep you informed

FANDANGO

·
Registered
26 Posts
the lighthouse can be a good mark when the cod are running well ,also a noted area for the dover sole, but on this mark lug tipped with squid will usually outfish rag baits..better still is to use peeler crab., when you're fishing this mark try to use something like a pulley rig thats clipped down as distance is all important here..hope this has been some help......tight lines.......TAFFY.

I

·
0 Posts
hi any good tides around the xmas\new yr for st brides?thinking of going down there that is the one mark i have never done.any points as to where to fish from times etc?i was told once yrs ago that you only get about 2 hrs fishing time because of the tides is that right?because if that is so it means a fair trip from merthyr for just 2 hrs.then again sudbrook seem a good mark as well oh i don't know tight lines andy [iwantacod]

1 - 7 of 7 Posts