World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:(Decided to give the lighthouse b&b a go tonight with some big worm baits hoping for a cod & avoiding the pin whiting so of to Dave Richards angling I went and picked up way too many monster rag that looked like they,d been on a steroid cycle & had the rage to go with it everytime a hook went near their mouth Along with some big fat black lug & some stinky squid to tip them of! The plan was simple BIG baits, no pissing about with anything that couldn't bend the rod tips around & make me jump out of my heated seat thinking I was gonna loose my surfblaster :cool:..
Got there early expecting it to be busy but had the place to myself. Barrier was locked but access was not a problem. Into off road mode & oops up over the bank we went directly to where I wanted to fish:happydance:... Baits on, a good 8 inches of worms on each rod with 2 4/0 hooks on each.. rag on 1 tipped with squid & black lug on the other also squid tipped, probably costing around £4 a cast:eeks:.. Few small bites from the start but nothing worth entertaining & with the amount of worm on each it could quite easily have been the worm making the rod tips tap.. Then 5 minutes after high the rag & squid rod slack lines & bends straight down, fish on:smile2:, but pretty much straight away I'm thinking this feels like EEL :roflmao:.. & it was!! First fish strap about 2/3lb.. lost the hook began to tie a new hook length on & the 2nd rod loaded with the black lug & squid is almost ripped of the stand. Grabbed it, fish on & much bigger, it's taking some line but again I'm thinking EEL:roflmao:.. 10 minutes later it's in & yes it's another eel but this time easily around the 10lb mark.. Both rods back out & all is quiet & then bang the lug rod goes again & fish on but same story, I'm think EEL & again it was:confused:..This time about 4/5lb.. Had 1 last cast & left... Nice night to be out but where are all the congers coming from!

Attachments

·
Banned
869 Posts
:(Decided to give the lighthouse b&b a go tonight with some big worm baits hoping for a cod & avoiding the pin whiting so of to Dave Richards angling I went and picked up way too many monster rag that looked like they,d been on a steroid cycle & had the rage to go with it everytime a hook went near their mouth Along with some big fat black lug & some stinky squid to tip them of! The plan was simple BIG baits, no ****ing about with anything that couldn't bend the rod tips around & make me jump out of my heated seat thinking I was gonna loose my surfblaster :cool:..
Got there early expecting it to be busy but had the place to myself. Barrier was locked but access was not a problem. Into off road mode & oops up over the bank we went directly to where I wanted to fish:happydance:... Baits on, a good 8 inches of worms on each rod with 2 4/0 hooks on each.. rag on 1 tipped with squid & black lug on the other also squid tipped, probably costing around £4 a cast:eeks:.. Few small bites from the start but nothing worth entertaining & with the amount of worm on each it could quite easily have been the worm making the rod tips tap.. Then 5 minutes after high the rag & squid rod slack lines & bends straight down, fish on:smile2:, but pretty much straight away I'm thinking this feels like EEL :roflmao:.. & it was!! First fish strap about 2/3lb.. lost the hook began to tie a new hook length on & the 2nd rod loaded with the black lug & squid is almost ripped of the stand. Grabbed it, fish on & much bigger, it's taking some line but again I'm thinking EEL:roflmao:.. 10 minutes later it's in & yes it's another eel but this time easily around the 10lb mark.. Both rods back out & all is quiet & then bang the lug rod goes again & fish on but same story, I'm think EEL & again it was:confused:..This time about 4/5lb.. Had 1 last cast & left... Nice night to be out but where are all the congers coming from!
Nice one fella, I couldn't make it due to back problems. Thought it would be busy there tonight. Nice pics.

·
Banned
327 Posts
Nice report mate I’ve had enough of those slimy buggers this year aswel obviously they’ve always been around but I’m thinking they’re breeding like rabbits so many been coming out this year & by the sounds of things most matches around the welsh coast this year have been won with eel catches.
Still beats the dreaded blank :thumbsup:

·
Banned
869 Posts
Co
I was expecting to see you, even brought some Jamaican rum coffee for you to try lol
Could have done with some of that mate for my back problems, just have to stick with the oral morph. Not going to be out for a while so I'll be popping in here from time to time to see what's about.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Co

Could have done with some of that mate for my back problems, just have to stick with the oral morph. Not going to be out for a while so I'll be popping in here from time to time to see what's about.
Not good mate.. well if transports ever a problem & you fancy an easy access session somewhere then I've always got space as normally fish alone..

·
Banned
869 Posts
Not good mate.. well if transports ever a problem & you fancy an easy access session somewhere then I've always got space as normally fish alone..
Appreciate that bud, nice one. Thought your mates in your motor yesterday would have fished with you.

·
Registered
993 Posts
Nice report and photos. Wouldn't complain if a few of those eels paid me a visit. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
264 Posts
Nice report mate.
Be careful with the oramorph.
You could come unstuck with the law driving under the influence of drugs.. it happened to me a year ago .it
Shows up on a mouth swab..
Even though it's prescribed by a doctor. And the package States don't operate machinery if you feel drowsy..which I didn't the courts and the police will try to take your license...it took me six months to get my license back..and a lot of money in solicitors fees..
And the best part was that a car rear ended me.
Just be careful my friend.....

·
Registered
264 Posts
It's catch 22 ain't it mate, I need it to manage the pain and need the motor to get around.
It certainly is but the old bill have their own ideas about
That ..two boards and a doctor's report.
Then a court appearance where my solicitor pointed out that without any transport I would be house bound..
And finally they agreed to give me back my license..
And still they pull me from time to time..
Maybe they have nothing better to do .
enjoy your fishing for as long as you are able.
Tight lines my friend..

·
Registered
264 Posts
Why did you have drive your vehicle down ?
Down where if you are referring to me being stopped by the police I was on my way to a hospital appointment.
When some idiot rear ended my car .breath test for both of us and drug swabs...explained that it was prescribed by the doctor but to no avail..simply arrested on the spot.
Unfortunately public transport is not an option as I live halfway up a mountain...And the wheelchairs battery
Can't cope with the incline..apart from that it is over a mile to the nearest bus stop..Or shops.
Therefore the need for a car as for the need of medication for the constant pain the simple answer is
No medication .equals not being able to live some sort of
Life. Or perhaps you are implying that disabled people
Should not be allowed to drive...?????
As most are on some sort of medication..???

·
Banned
869 Posts
Down where if you are referring to me being stopped by the police I was on my way to a hospital appointment.
When some idiot rear ended my car .breath test for both of us and drug swabs...explained that it was prescribed by the doctor but to no avail..simply arrested on the spot.
Unfortunately public transport is not an option as I live halfway up a mountain...And the wheelchairs battery
Can't cope with the incline..apart from that it is over a mile to the nearest bus stop..Or shops.
Therefore the need for a car as for the need of medication for the constant pain the simple answer is
No medication .equals not being able to live some sort of
Life. Or perhaps you are implying that disabled people
Should not be allowed to drive...?????
As most are on some sort of medication..???
I'm not disabled yet mate but possibly could be if I go ahead with the spinal fusion so it pain medication for me for the time being, got dreaded 4 injections in my spine in 2 months which I'm really looking forward to.... NOT!!

·
Registered
264 Posts
Been there got the tea shirt.
But unfortunately for me they gave me a eighty percent
Chance of being paralysed from the neck down...
I would rather suffer from the pain. It's been five years since the accident which changed my life.
I am now restricted to fishing from the car I have to wait for my mate to come along with me..
Any how enough of feeling sorry for myself ..
The People on this forum have been very helpful with
Venues where it is possible for disabled people to
Fish..I used to fish the lighthouse regularly. along with the black pipe .
Until the barrier went up . I have been onto natural resources Wales about it and am waiting for them to reply. As they are denying denying disabled people access to the seawall..

1 - 16 of 16 Posts