World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Team Hr jones
5,844 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
talking to a fellor on cold knap beach few months ago we all blanked he talked about the white- green light and would have caght congers there ,can anyone enlighten me on this place. it sounded good i havent caght a big eel from shore

·
Registered
3,328 Posts
you can fish the white light, head down to jacksons and climb around the railings, follow the breakwater to the end, there have been some big congers , hounds and stingrays caught off there. i use a pulley rig with hooks up to a 6/0 for the congers, baited up with half a mackeral. it helps if there is some1 with you or you have a gaf to land big fish. ive never been told to move!

·
Registered
476 Posts
That lighthouse was one of my favourite cod marks in the 70's. It would be nothing to get 7 or 8 cod of 3/6lb in any one session. Plenty of conger there too. Lost a good one one night when my bro refused to gaff it,
he shyte himself.:schmoll:
Never seen any stingray though.I have seen some big pout and whiting from there,plenty of dogs too.

On saying that,we used to fish from the base of the lighthouse but I believe it is too dangerous now though? (great conger down the side)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts