World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As of my post yesterday, went to Chale today (thurs) the sea was crashing in, got down there just before High water and could hardly get on the Beach, but found a high shingle bank just around the corner from the steps which was just about safe enough to fish from.
Photo below shows the waterfall point

Thought that I would stay there until the tide turned and then wander up to my spot, just got the rod in the water and bang down she goes, grapped the rod out of the rest and made contact with a nice Bass, could have been a good one as she bent me big bertha, had her for about twenty seconds until she threw the hook: oh well good start but tremendous waves crashing in so don't know if I would have got her up the beach anyway as I certainly wouldn't have chanced going into the water for it.

Tide turned and it was safer now to get to my spot so made camp there, had a brew and got set up, two rods out, both running ledgers and tide dropping off,
first painted came in and she weighed 6lb-8ozs, second came in at 6lb-2ozs,third came in at 6lb-4ozs, so doing well up till now: another very good bite, let it take I thought, down the rod goes, line goes out and I pick the rod up and its gone!!
That was the last touch that I had, packed up as the sun was going down, I didnt want to stay there in the evening as the tide looked like it was going to be stacked up to the cliffs again at high water.
So there ya go, a beautiful afternoon,hot and sunny and only me on the beach, had the whole of Chale to myself nearly all day.
Cheers - photos of fish below
Lighty

·
Registered
123 Posts
Chale is the place at the moment, shame you didn't land that first one, always nice to see the bass turning up down there

·
Registered
280 Posts
Must be the south westerly and rough conditions :roll1: :roll1:

·
Registered
603 Posts
Nice work mate! I decided to go down Compton and there was practically no beach left. I couldn't get my sandeel past the pout and doggies though :(

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Cheers lads,
ere S/H, I use the gemini longtail ones (homemade) and they hold in anything (well, maybe not a force 20)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts