World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
leaving in an hour.
going to try lilstock low tide.
weathers not great, think im going to get wet, winds looks favourable, so who knows..
will be using lug worm and squid.

fishing just to the left of the sewer pipe out on the reef (providing noone else there, if so will move further down towards tower)

fished there last week, i had 2 doggys, friend had a 2lb codling.
not great, but slightly better than a blank!
not looking forward to the climb across the wet rocks, report to follow.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Look forward to your report fella I'm from Plymouth and want to fish the channel this winter this is where I'm looking at going. Tight lines
Hey Lad, nice to meet you!

arrived at lilstock, only one other angler down there, fishing the shallow bay to the right of the pipe. id imagine taking advantage of the sw winds that i hear are good for that area!

we turned left, to the end of the footpath that meets the cliff edge and straight down onto the beach and out onto a reef.
conditions meant casting was very difficult, water underfoot as well as a strong wind.
im a new angler too, casting distance for me is hard enough without challenging weather!

anyways, half hour in, and a couple of knocks and im thinking today may be our lucky day.... it was not!
not a single fish, another blank!
conditions got much worse, was starting to wonder if hurricane sandy had made an appearance!

so 4 hours later and we are packing up.

highlight of the day.
on the walk back over the rocks, i take a stumble, kit goes flying and im lying face down on the rocks! :clap3:

oh well, try again next week. :thumbs:

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
hard luck lewi,its hard going in the chanell atm:schmoll:

·
Registered
110 Posts
Hard luck mate, was blowing a gale down here too yesterday, will wait for the codling to make a big appearance in the channel before making my way up, 300 mile round trip for a blank would be devastating lol cheers for the heads up. Mike

1 - 5 of 5 Posts