World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6,973 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any time she/he wants to retire I'll gladly take over because I know more about blanks than anyone-just managed twenty two hours fishing without a bite no#
not all at the same time

·
Registered
1,900 Posts
dont worry paid, join the club, i never had 1 bite down ranny, where did u go m8. i wont laugh, 22 hours , has the world gone mad..

·
Registered
12,181 Posts
Have a look at the thread on Saundersfoot, plenty of whiting about down there over the clean ground with deep water, now there's a hint, where do you know thats got clean ground & deep water at high tide, what about any of the Gower rock marks?
I'm gonna hit Amroth or Rhossilli Ledges or Overton on 9/10/11 of Feb (or hit all 3!!! on cosecutive days) Fancy coming they are all 40ft+ tides, probably the last good whiting tides of the year, so b*******s to work! I'm taking 3 days off & going for it!!!!!!
Reading about it I might even go as far as Hobbs Point at Pembroke, Or The Lighthouse in Newport, but I aint going to the Cardiff Foreshore, from Poachers description you have to do the SAS selection course to find a spot!
blueskip

·
Registered
6,973 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
all OK again------ fished Cefin sidan coz it's easy parked the old landie up two rods in water,,, lo and behold nice 1.05lb(electronic weighing scale) plaice moved to Burry Port guys I was with didn't have a bite nother flattie also about a pound (electronic scale packed up , didn't like the weather :() unfortunatly have to go to work on Monday in Stafford, no sea what am I gonna dooooooooo?

·
Registered
12,181 Posts
One hell of a cast to hit the water at Cefn Sidan from Stafford Roller! Wot about my offer to fish 3 days over the big tides 9/10/11/12/13 at 3 different marks, or have you got one of those jobs that stops you going on "site visits" midweek?
blueskip

·
Registered
6,973 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Skip i'd love to come fishing with you but at the moment I'm shopfitting and we work to tight schedules which means its flat out while the job lasts-12 hour days 7 days a week for the next three weeks but i then should have a couple of days off so I'll post here when I get back. Thanks for the offer though- I even went and bought a swimfeeder after one of your earlier posts.BTW the Mumbles historic society rekons that Knab is a corruption of Knap which is a small rock lol

·
Registered
12,181 Posts
Thats exactly my point, why is it called The Knab/Knap, there is only ONE rock along the entire front, thats the place to fish, 20yds out, on the sand, on the ebb, it whips down along the wall & is directed out to sea by the new slip wall. This 12hrs a day, 7 days a week makes me come over "all unnecessary", I'm a diesel fitter myself, I go into a shop & think diesel fit me, diesel fit the wife, before I nick em!
blueskip

·
Registered
6,973 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
lol, what do you mean diesel fit the wife? if i ever presumed to go into a shop and think i knew what 'er indoors wanted or what size she was i'd probably never be able to go fishing again, or have any more children

1 - 8 of 8 Posts