World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
924 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went up to Mabo to visit my son & his brood last Friday. After collecting some excellent bait from the tackle shop in Ingoldmells we went to Moggs Eye and fished 3hrs up and 2 down. We both fished 2 hook flattie rigs on one rod and Pennel Pulleys on the other for cod. Bait was lug, squid & mackerel. 20mph westerley, flat clam & hardly any pull of tide and no weed!! We had one tiny, 1/2 lb coalfish! I've never caught one before, let alone from the beach!!
Next day we went to the north end of Mablethorpe to pump out a few more lug and then on to Chapel Point for another session of 3up and 2 down! Conditions were about the same but the tide was pulling well and 210gm was neccessary to hold. This time my 13yr old grandson, "Little Paul" came as well. Guess what, his first cast produced his first ever decent cod of 3lb+. I was so pleased for him!!! I blanked and so did my son, but he just happened to pick up out of the gentle waves a doggie. NOT a furry one, with 4 legs and a wagging tail, but a dogfish - lesser spotted even!! I think it fancied becoming a rock salmon, so I duly obliged later that evening. We also spotted two long skinny fish, about 12 ins long with small snout shaped heads. I think they were Pipefish. Anyone any ideas please?
Anyway I had an excellent few days.............so...............................
THANK COD FOR FISHING!

·
Registered
248 Posts
Well done little paul, as for the pipefish I saw one at Trusthorpe a few weeks back when pumping worms, it was as thin as a boot lace, never seen them before on this coast, Tight lines Rob.

·
Registered
535 Posts
pipe fish! me and ray were fishing humber wall and saw one in a pool down the waters edge nice little fish it was about 4in long. It didnt want to leave us even when the tide came in. well done young paul nice to see juniors holding there own
against the seniors tight lines
tony

·
Registered
4,401 Posts
Well done Paul, nice report.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts