World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
601 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi all,

can anyone hook me up with some knowledge of casting main line.

i am attending a casting improvement day in two weeks time and am unsure what line to fit to my reel. i would primarily be hitting out 150g weights but may go up on the day,

surfcast wales website states that for casting 150g it must be a 0.31mm thick mainline atleast and for casting 175g it should be 0.35mm.
and it should be high vis mono.

could anyone give me some advice on what line please:g:

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
yes thats right .31 min dia hi vise line like sakuma or something like it

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
its purely personal choice tbh.

for absolute maximum distance then most choose quality lines such as Daiwa Tournament or Sakuma Night Crystal but if you are just learning then i would suggest you use the cheapest line that you can find thats thick enough.

the likelyhood is that you will be respooling a fair bit at the beginning:huh:

·
Registered
601 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
its purely personal choice tbh.

for absolute maximum distance then most choose quality lines such as Daiwa Tournament or Sakuma Night Crystal but if you are just learning then i would suggest you use the cheapest line that you can find thats thick enough.

the likelyhood is that you will be respooling a fair bit at the beginning:huh:
fair comment im sure ill be re-spooling a fir bit.

thanks for your comments lads

·
Registered
8,647 Posts
Maybe I will see you, still learning myself so I use Ultima seastrike cheap and cheerful :yeah:£3.0 a spool. 15lb line is .35

·
Registered
2,421 Posts
just stick to a cheap .35 line for now it will do for the 150 and above leads untill you get confidant in your abilitys.

·
Registered
1,625 Posts
Ultima do a nice range of lines - I personally use Seastrike in 0.28-125g, Distance in 0.31-150g & Red Ice in 0.35-175g.
Consistant in daimeter and it doesn't break the bank at £15 per 1lb (1/2 kilo spool) from the UKSF.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts