World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys What size line is generally used for feeder fishing? Also is the camo stuff any good or should i stick with brown or clear? Thanks for any advice daiboy

·
Registered
6,639 Posts
Surely that depends on what your hoping to catch Bud ??

·
Registered
1,756 Posts
Hi mate ,generally it's all down to 1 how far are you fishing 2 for what fish are you generally after ,long range bream / roach on a big venue ,I use braid ,Preston braid cast in 0.008 with a shock leader of 0.22/0.24 ,that's 6 to 10 pounds in old money, that's for 50 merters plus ,for bream / roach short ,under 50 meters, 4 to 6 pounds is ok ,carp and tench ,feeder or method use 6 to 8 pounds mono that's 0.21to 0. 26 mm try to use a sinking mono ,meny company's now make a feeder line , I use and have done for years used stren feeder line ,it thin ,strong and sinks well ,always put a little washing up liquid on the spool before ,and during the session ,a small perfume size bottle ,mixed with a little water will last all season ,and will cut tho surface tension ,so in general 6 pound will catch every think that swims ,most modern feeder rods have a through action and suck up the lunges or big fish ,when fishing the method for carp on short hook lengths ,use a higher braking strain than main line ,the reason is there is not much stretch in a short hook length ,and the shock of carp bolting can snap short hook length ,and as your main line ,is a lot longer and has lots of stretch to take the run ,as you know mono has lots of stretch and give you a good safety net .other mono that I use is,maxima,reflo power max ,guru drag, sensors brown ,pro logic xlint ,but eny good feeder line is ok to use :clap::thumbs: hope this helps

1 - 6 of 6 Posts