World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After fishing session how do yopu keep your line coming loose because after a fishing session it all tangle round the reel parts and then lots of line comes out of the reel as if i cast out and i have to put it through all round the reel again

·
Registered
2,101 Posts
I usualy leave a swivel attached to the end of the line, with the lvl wind on some of my multiplyers this stops line tangle. with reels that have no lvl wind I just leave a bit more loose line hanging with the swivel attached.

hope this helps, seems to work for me.

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
no i mean when the i seperate the reel frpom the rod i leave a bit of excess line hanging off but if i knock it i comes under the thing what u ave to flip over (when u cast wat eva its called) and lots of the line comes off and i have to put it all bak

·
Registered
67 Posts
i usually carry a elastic band and put around the reel.saves it pinging off,

and what bigdunny ment was he leaves a swivel on so when you take the reel off,the swivel usually jams in the gap on the reel so it does not come off either.

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I think you mean the bail arm Jake.
if your fixed spool reel does not have a line clip then the easiest way to keep the line from un coiling into a tangle is to put an elastic band round it - simple but it works! :)

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
cheers u lot iv learnt well loads since iv come on ere

·
Registered
5,403 Posts
i use a rubber bands for fixed spool reels
snap on swivel for my multi reel
a washing up liquid top for my multi level line reel

·
Registered
4,864 Posts
Is it possible that you have your reel over-filled? The other possibility is that you are talking about your Shock Leader which is usually much heavier and springier line? The other possibility is that you are somehow twisting your line (like not using a swivel?) so that when it gets back to your reel (when you pack up) it then un-twists!

I usually have a loop in the line (simple double figure 8 knot) so that I can re-thread through the rings next time. I examine the last couple of feet and cut some off if it's worn and re-tie the knot ready to put on the snap swivel for the trace. It must be said there are exceptions, such as when I lose my rig big-time and the line comes back bare and I decide to pack up and go home with lots of dark muttering about fishing Gods etc!!

You've had the advice about rubber bands and using the line clip on the side of the spool (have you found it yet? A piece of plastic (usually) behind which you can push the line end. It's really for casting to the same place everytime it seems (these coarse fisherpersons think of everything - you cast out to the right place, push your line under the clip and wind in. Thus when you recast you've got an idea how far your cast is to the previous place - I think!)

I never seem to have probs. with the multiplyer but the little baitcaster's a pain as the line feeds through a small tube affair. The swivel's a good idea there, although you have to remove it to rethread the rod next time.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts