World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
it's my "goto" on some marks ;)

lots of bass and also big ones on it , mainly the pearl one (& ayu) , success day and night , 6 & 7.5 inch
over rough ground , sandy beaches or drifting in the current
sub surface (maximum 1 foot) or mid water (with a weighted hook) and with a lead head on sand

when using the 7.5 , you may need a trailer hook when smaller fish is around

Product Wood Sleeve Metal Fashion accessory

·
Registered
25,236 Posts
Has anyone had much luck with the above lures?
Used to be good,cut the tail off them and glue a redgill tail on! Slugills work!

·
WSF Primary Administrator.
63,040 Posts
Lunker Sluggos are superb, cast like a polystyrene brick, but very effective.
Love the hooks as well.

Reactions: r ian

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
lovely fish (y)
i put a lead nail in it's head or a weighted hook when needed , that's enough to add 30+ Ft

Shandybass , i see in your pic ( but not the lenght) that you use a Smith blow shot : is it the 86 or 98 ?
what is the action , castability and sensitivity of it ? i had a look at these some time ago ... but didn't find good informations from anglers using this brand
thanks in advance ;)

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
lovely fish (y)
i put a lead nail in it's head or a weighted hook when needed , that's enough to add 30+ Ft

Shandybass , i see in your pic ( but not the lenght) that you use a Smith blow shot : is it the 86 or 98 ?
what is the action , castability and sensitivity of it ? i had a look at these some time ago ... but didn't find good informations from anglers using this brand
thanks in advance ;)

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
lovely fish (y)

thanks in advance ;)
I bought it off a mate last year just for softbait fishing & it’s growing on me.
It’s 9’ long & cork handle it’s a nice soft tip action with a lot of power in the butt.
I love using it drifting softplastics in the fast current and waiting for that tip to show me a sign of a tap/pluck/ or pull round.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
I don't know this model , I had the 86 (10/35 gr) in my hand a few years ago (in France), this rod had left a good impression on me but 2 factors put me off : the length was too short and its ... price

1 - 15 of 15 Posts