World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
8,340 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My mate got one years ago,from a boat show ,,i picked one up this morning,,,be great to transfer petrol from spare tank to outboard tank,,,you just shake and away it go s

·
Registered
52 Posts
I agree, every one has to got one on board. I have transferd fuel from spare to main tank on a 3 meter swell during a strom racing back to the harbor, didn't spill anything (and didn't het any water in the tank. It's much better than a funnel. It's also great to empty your tank for the winter.

Attachments

·
Registered
8,340 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
make ya right here

·
Registered
413 Posts

ebay item number: 320109479398

These are the business, I have used one for a couple of years. work great with Diesel or Petrol.

·
Registered
12,181 Posts
My mate got one years ago,from a boat show ,,i picked one up this morning,,,be great to transfer petrol from spare tank to outboard tank,,,you just shake and away it go s
Apart from a siphon tube, with a non-return valve?
blueskip

·
Registered
8,340 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Apart from a siphon tube, with a non-return valve?
blueskip
im a bit thick,,,what do you mean?,,,,,,i thought it was a good bit of kit

·
Registered
12,181 Posts
It looks like a siphon tube with something stuck on the end, what is it (that end bit) & how does it start the siphoning action? do you have to pump it to start? I cant see how it automatically transfers the fuel, you must have to do something to get it going!
blueskip

·
Registered
8,340 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ah Yes ,you Push It In And Out A Few Times ,then It Starts To Flow On Its On ,a Build Up Of Air Pressure Sort Of Thing

·
Registered
8,340 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Such a simple invention,,,,,who ever thought of it ,must be minted propberly a few pence to make,,i paid nearly 12 quid for one.its patented as well so ,only they can make em

·
Registered
52 Posts
It's metal ball in a metal housing with two holes. If you shake it the right way the ball prevents fuel going back on the up motion and let's fuel through on the down motion. So when you've got the flow runnig you've only got te be shure the spare tank is above the main tank.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts