World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just had to shove Ian out of the way so that i could get on the computer for once!
Last night we went to devils teeth with garry & ghosty, there they are the three of them with all their tackle all over the beach, rods at the ready, when i decided to give them a little demonstration on how to catch fish, without the aid of all that expensive stuff.
1. calmly place steven king novel on beach next to tent
2. casually walk down to the water, as though you are not obsessed with catching fish.
3. carefully bend at the knees and scoop up the little fish out of the millions that were swimming along the edge of the beach.
call me a novice but why do all you blokes have to spend a fortune on tackle etc. only to throw your smelly bait a 100 yards out to sea when it's obvious the fish are right on the beach?
My first fish was approximatly 8mm long and identified as herring fry by garry.
is this a record? he he he :p

·
Registered
1,349 Posts
Nice one Lisa, but I can't help thinking 'Steven King novels whilst on Chesil'
Isn't there enough supernatural goings on down there? ;)

·
Registered
6,973 Posts
Well done Lisa-but it's not really the same as when the tiddler in question is hanging off a couple of hundred poundsworth of tackle :rolleyes:

·
Registered
325 Posts
Where are the moderators. Here we have a women talking about looking at men with their tackle out and not a word of censure from the webmaster or moderators. Shame on you all. I can hear the ghost of Chesil moaning in despair.

Fred

PS Is a fly herring bigger than a daphnia, if so I'd like to catch one and improve my record

·
Registered
73 Posts
oh yes......... i was moaning alright only because my dam batteries on my head light ran out just when i needed it the most. Lisa it was nice to meet you and Ian last night, and i can catch plenty of fish Garry. thanks hope to meet up again soon But next time Lisa it would be nice to see you with rod in hand LOL who knows you may even be able to help Ian out :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts