World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Took my mate out on boat to Little Cumbrae yesterday hit a shoal of mackeral and must have landed about 100 mackeral each easy.Got fed up with the mackeral and went to try for pollack but still kept catching mackeral,eventually my mate landed a nice pollack about 3 1/2lbs.Had about 5 or six more all over the 2lb mark

Attachments

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
Well done:1a: that should be your bait sorted for a while guys. Nice pollack there, i hope you catch loads more in the future. Im looking forward to reading your next thread.

Steven

·
Registered
414 Posts
hope to get down there masel next wekend. fished the west side of it a 3 months ago and it was quiet. hoping to get round to the east side next time.

nice fish mate :1a:

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
any other spots worth trying from the boat down that way shadrapper.Its usually the same spots on the east side of little cumbrae that we do naw bad

·
Registered
414 Posts
round the west side i have found is very deep close to the shore. good for wrasse. not fished it many times tbh mate but alaways done relatively well on east side reefs. round the south end might be good too for pollack. what methods you using? i find shads and jelly worms cut down on the chance of mackies which can be annoying after a while.

also farland point on the big cumbrae was quite a good day out a few months back with pollack to 3 and a half lb

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
cheers for the info we usually use leadheads and ragworm usually do best with flourescent orange yesterday we never had worms so were using mackeral strip

·
Registered
580 Posts
Where do you guys launch from down there,Ive launched the canoe from largs yacht haven public slip,but don't fancy taking the gemini off that due to those huge boulders on the way out.
I know they have planning permission to remove those rocks,not sure when they will do that and upgrade the public slip though.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts