World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi me and my 2 friends have just bought a boat yesteray
the boat is a 15ft fishing boat i dont know the make of it, it has a small cuddy and 28 horse power engine but its a short shaft which i been told cud cause a problem i have seen it go and seems to be ok. wot i was wanting to know is wot do we need to get into the water the boat its self is ready to go we have a trailer and everything just looking on geting are tow bar fitted and board for the lights at the back and were ready to go. as we never really been on a boat were just looking for sumthing to do at the weekend we live in liverpool so were is best to go for an easy launch and we wont need to to much experience. is there anything we have to have to make us legal we think were getting insurance how much wud u pay on average for a boat like ares. we payed 800 pound for the boat.
any info will be a great help thanks alot :fishing:

·
Registered
21,120 Posts
first thing i would do is visit the coastguard and ask as many questions i could think of
:cc_surren Then get it checked by the RNLI under their FREE Sea Safe scheme. Make sure you have a radio and operating license, life jackets and flares. An anchor and auxillary power, oars or engine. Then, and only then, would I launch. Been there, nearly died, I value my life very highly now.:sad:

·
Registered
3,223 Posts
hi me and my 2 friends have just bought a boat yesteray
the boat is a 15ft fishing boat i dont know the make of it, it has a small cuddy and 28 horse power engine but its a short shaft which i been told cud cause a problem i have seen it go and seems to be ok. wot i was wanting to know is wot do we need to get into the water the boat its self is ready to go we have a trailer and everything just looking on geting are tow bar fitted and board for the lights at the back and were ready to go. as we never really been on a boat were just looking for sumthing to do at the weekend we live in liverpool so were is best to go for an easy launch and we wont need to to much experience. is there anything we have to have to make us legal we think were getting insurance how much wud u pay on average for a boat like ares. we payed 800 pound for the boat.
any info will be a great help thanks alot :fishing:
How did you get on then?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts