World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Decided to use up some bait left over from Monday and fish my local mark, the Little Orme last night.

Started fishing at 17:15, right on high tide and used a variety of rigs at a variety of ranges.

Not a sniff of a bite, and a total haul of 3 crabs. Unusually the bait was coming back intact, which is a very rare event given the amount of small fish, crabs, shrimps and other bait robbers found over there.

Finished around 19:15 to go down the pub.

So, first blank of the year :schmoll: :cry:

Hopefully fishing tonight, if I can get my car exhaust fixed this afternoon

Tight Lines

·
King of Kings
16,043 Posts
Decided to use up some bait left over from Monday and fish my local mark, the Little Orme last night.

Started fishing at 17:15, right on high tide and used a variety of rigs at a variety of ranges.

Not a sniff of a bite, and a total haul of 3 crabs. Unusually the bait was coming back intact, which is a very rare event given the amount of small fish, crabs, shrimps and other bait robbers found over there.

Finished around 19:15 to go down the pub.

So, first blank of the year :schmoll: :cry:

Hopefully fishing tonight, if I can get my car exhaust fixed this afternoon

Tight Lines
never mind allways next time.shaggy

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
True, having a day off of fishing today. Aiming to fish Trefor Pier tomorrow evening.

Time to sort the tackle out methinks

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
If I could find somewhere that sells a drop net I'd be happy.

Tried Rays, ABC and Veals now, all came up empty. Knowing my luck I'll hook something big tomorrow and drop it on the winch up the pier side!

Anyone know where to get one suitable for fishing Holyhead Break? Lost a good conger there last October!

·
Registered
2,018 Posts
Biggest one I`ve seen is at "Lionels Tackle" at Buckley,,,,just off the A55
Cant remember the diameter but it was a fair size.
You can contact them on 01244 543191

or E-mail em on [email protected]

Hope this helps Gareth.

·
She Pirate and Global Moderator
12,629 Posts
True, having a day off of fishing today. Aiming to fish Trefor Pier tomorrow evening.

Time to sort the tackle out methinks
Might see you there gareth,,,,,,,,,,,,

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Cool, I'll pop into Caernafon tomorrow afternoon then. Can anyone tell me how to get to the shop, never driven around Caernafon before.

PS Aiming to fish from about 2 hrs after low to 2 hrs after high, is this about right?

·
She Pirate and Global Moderator
12,629 Posts
Nice to meet you tonight garethp,,,hope you made it back on time for last orders,,,,

1 - 11 of 11 Posts