World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,896 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone done any fishing around Littlehampton in the past. We're thinking about heading down there to try our luck but don't know much about it other than there's a marina there and there's a tackle shop called Tropicana. Any info would be appreciated.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Lucky,

Only fished there once, and that was to the west of the mouth of the river. There is a small cafe and parking available on this side (pay and display). Fished the river side of a structure using rag worm and caught 4 small bass (undersized and returned). Looked like it could have some potential as there are lots of structures, but it is a big drive from where I live, so haven't bothered since. We asked the guy in the tackle shop for advice on where to go, and as we weren't buying anything, he was bloody rude. I would recommend trying to find this venue on the west side of the river mouth as there are less people around and more interesting features to fish. I think you have to drive out of town and skirt round the river to get there though.

·
Registered
1,896 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Jackson that's very helpful. Was that the same tackle shop that I mentioned?

·
Registered
33 Posts
Fishes east side of Littlehampton two weeks ago...weed weed and more weed. did manage to catch some small bass on lug (dug at Worthing) better to wait until the weed has gone .. will let you know when this is and will post a message regards Barrie... as for tackle shops..do not believe a word they say or what they think people have caught.

·
Registered
1,896 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks Barrie - understand what you say about tackle shops mate. Our info came from a windsurfer friend who was sailing his board down that way a week or so ago and thought he saw someone (from a distance) catching a few sizeable bass however I suspect there's a possibility that they could have been mullet. I don't know the exact spot where he was windsurfing I'm afraid just that it was somewhere near Littlehampton. I'd much appreciate any further updates on the weed situation.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Hi there i tryed to fish in little hampton on friday saturday and sunday 22nd 23rd and 24th. there was some bloody big speed boat show so no luck :p( LOTS of weed of east preston and an eel caught on monday by the stomach :p( smell slimey things !!! good luck to ya. ..... CAI

1 - 6 of 6 Posts