World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
690 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I currently have a boat moored in Brighton and I’m thinking of moving to Littlehampton. Could anyone give me any info please regards the river as I’ve been told it can be a bit treacherous at times.
Many thanks.

·
Registered
485 Posts
I currently have a boat moored in Brighton and I’m thinking of moving to Littlehampton. Could anyone give me any info please regards the river as I’ve been told it can be a bit treacherous at times.
Many thanks.
Hi Terry,

Nothing to worry about unless your in a kayak. Just need to make sure you have enough water either side of low to get out. Springs this can be 1.5 hours either side and neeps no problem at all but will depend on your darft.
It takes 5 minutes to get to the entrance and then Kingmere is only 5 miles out and the plaice grounds only 4, Wrecks start at 10 out to 25 miles

The only time you may want to stay in if it’s a spring on the ebb and it’s a SE blowing F5 - F6 as it can be a bit choppy at the entrance about 3 to 4 hours after high tide.

·
Registered
690 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Terry,

Nothing to worry about unless your in a kayak. Just need to make sure you have enough water either side of low to get out. Springs this can be 1.5 hours either side and neeps no problem at all but will depend on your darft.
It takes 5 minutes to get to the entrance and then Kingmere is only 5 miles out and the plaice grounds only 4, Wrecks start at 10 out to 25 miles

The only time you may want to stay in if it’s a spring on the ebb and it’s a SE blowing F5 - F6 as it can be a bit choppy at the entrance about 3 to 4 hours after high tide.
Many thanks mate. That’s very good info. I used to launch from the slip there years ago when I had a trailered boat and never had any problems but a couple of Brighton boys said it can be tricky. You might see me next April when my mooring fees are finished here then.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts