World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I would like to know about lure fishing on littlehampton in general i would like to give it a go but not to shore on the area, and im new to this to lures do im sorry if i sound stupid. Ps
Thanks

·
Registered
5,311 Posts
I would like to know about lure fishing on littlehampton in general i would like to give it a go but not to shore on the area, and im new to this to lures do im sorry if i sound stupid. Ps
Thanks Hennie
i'm afraid i don't fish there, i'm fairly new to lures aswell,but what i did to start with was just fishing a few marks every state of tide until some thing happened and then trying to work things out,also i searched this forum for info and still do,read all the posts its all here..

·
Registered
7,854 Posts
i might have passed trough there once so cant help there ,as for lure fishing,.. now ,its pretty thought ,and looking up that way even more so.
but if u get a break i would suggest using plastic's the paddle tail jobbies are eazy to fish,a slow retrieve and a lift and drop-back in between.even a short fast,then stop retrieve, works.i have chucked them out and simply left them too,that's using a flouting one and a split shot or two on the hook bend.Texas rig.
hope that helps ,..there are sooo many ways man'.
but park a seat and study the sticky's at the top off this forum loads to learn there.i have, new ideas an stuff man makes ur head spin.

·
Now in Littlehampton
3,474 Posts
Thanks your very helpfull :(
Not everyone's on here everyday and seeing what could be taken as a sarky comment doesn't encourage writing replies but now I've got that off my chest I'll stop you wasting a journey:

Water clarity = appalling: less than 1mm, unlikely to clear this season, haven't lure fished since the 1st week of October.

The river Arun runs filthy with clay sediment after heavy rain and colours the water for miles around since it's a very fast narrowed channel rather than a wide estuary, there's no where for the sediments to settle in the estuary so it all goes out to sea where the winds can then prevent any settling. Boat anglers will tell you the dirty water can be seen clearly stretching for miles out to sea and along the coast and it can take a very long time to clear after heavy rain.

If you want a chance of lure angling in this area then you have to go west of Bognor where the clear offshore water seems to push in and circulate back towards Selsey making this area clear much quicker than anything to the east.

·
Registered
883 Posts
good reply pp, used to be a west sussex resident myself, so i have learned how frustrating luring can be.

shoreham/southwick posssibly worth alook , it fished well last november...just depends on the water clearing.

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Portslade i had no intention of being SARKY sorry if thats how you took my comment :(. But put that aside, thank you for the info ive never fished the above area with bait or lure but i have taken on board your advice thank you :)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.