World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
went 2 hours before high and had 3 eels, one small, one 1 1/2lb and the other 1 3/4lb. also had a 1 1/2lb codling. now thats wierd. great little venue,all fish caught on black lug, codling 120 yds out and eels
60 - 70 yards out. no pouting:showoff: also no bass:unsure: good day fishing though.

will93

·
Registered
211 Posts
good catch will but do you know how far 120yds is?? i cant even fish a small bait at that distance,well maybe wind assisted. but thats a fair old cast for a young lad like you. where is littlestone? i thought it was near dungie??

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
dunno if anyone else noticed but they had an article in the sea angler this month in the where to fish section and it had littlestone featured and yes its about 2 miles along the road from greatstone going towards new romney from dungie still nice to see someone fishes it and gets a result welldone will93 gonna give it a go myself soon

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
im using a conoflex rod and daiwa 7ht turbo, cliped down bomer rig. trust me i can cast that far. ive got an older bloke i some times fish with who's a regular contributer in sea angler and he sais im hitting that distance. can do about 150yds with a plain 5oz bomb. cheers for that ragworm, everyone should read sea angler because if your a decent angler and follow thier advice it does pay off.

will93

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
im basically 15 so im not that young. for the brighton cast you need teqnique combined with upper body strength, if you have both your a good caster.

will93

·
WSF Hardcore Haircut
721 Posts
I learnt the Brighton as my first "proper" cast at about Will's age and when I coupled it with a decent rod and reel I was hitting over 150 on the field at Sea Angler casting events and up to 120 on the beach with the right rig and it's the basic cast I still use today in one form or another so I have no reason to doubt him, shouldn't we be encouraging the younger members rather than putting a downer on them?

Well done Will

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I learnt the Brighton as my first "proper" cast at about Will's age and when I coupled it with a decent rod and reel I was hitting over 150 on the field at Sea Angler casting events and up to 120 on the beach with the right rig and it's the basic cast I still use today in one form or another so I have no reason to doubt him, shouldn't we be encouraging the younger members rather than putting a downer on them?

Well done Will
cheers for the support misfit, its so true but the over all quality of angler isnt great is it. i remember when i was fishing down at dungy in march. i was casting further than everyone apart from the bloke i was fishing with, a mr 200yd caster. my rigs i was using at littlestone where red amnesia, mustad components, breakaway imp clips and mustad 1/0 finewire aberdeens. i use greased weasle rig body and shockleader with 15lb gantel mainline. if anyone doubts my casting come with me on a session and i will show you:bounce:.
once again cheers for anyone who is in support. the fishing may be getting worse but lets not let that effect the angler ehhh!

will93 :)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Will, No one is doubting the ability of the younger angler,but as someone pointed out 120yds is a fair knock,I know it can be done because my son had a cast measured and recorded in tournament at 197yds casting otg when he was 13 1/2,he actually had a 215yds in practice witnessed and "paced" by a well known and respected caster,but as someone pointed out it's a long way with bait.
:crazy::wheelchai

·
Registered
211 Posts
good luck to u will if you can cast that far,i just found it hard to beleive . one of my mates was what i use to call a mega caster,then he had hes cast measured at it was always landing between 120-130yds so it wasnt actually that far. ive been down the medway estate before practice casting and a handful of times ive hit the other side but literally had only a few metres of line left on my reel and was casting at laser quay,one of the narrowest parts of the estate:clap3::clap3:. i think alot of people get mixed up when they talk casting distances etc,but if youve had it measured at that distance then fairplay to you well done will

·
Registered
2,421 Posts
good luck to u will if you can cast that far,i just found it hard to beleive . one of my mates was what i use to call a mega caster,then he had hes cast measured at it was always landing between 120-130yds so it wasnt actually that far. ive been down the medway estate before practice casting and a handful of times ive hit the other side but literally had only a few metres of line left on my reel and was casting at laser quay,one of the narrowest parts of the estate:clap3::clap3:. i think alot of people get mixed up when they talk casting distances etc,but if youve had it measured at that distance then fairplay to you well done will
dan if you hit the wall at laser you are casting 180 yards wall to wall its been measured out .

G

·
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
dan if you hit the wall at laser you are casting 180 yards wall to wall its been measured out .
that was you swimming over with tape last week and not a seal as reported on radio kent!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:wiggle:
:crazy::crazy::wheelchai

·
Registered
150 Posts
Anyway forget all that casting stuff as mentioned above, a 1.5lb codling in July off the beach, yeah now thats's something to talk about mate! Well done mate

·
Registered
211 Posts
really? didnt think it was that far! thats surprised me. only done it twice. a few years ago.and it was with a plain lead,no bait. dont bother practicing anymore. was down the river at lloyds last year though and a guy on the other side was casting only 15 - 20 metres short of the wall at lloyds,i was mulleting. it can be very decieving casting i think. at the end of the day if ur catching fish and ur happy then it duznt matter how far ur cast.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Anyway forget all that casting stuff as mentioned above, a 1.5lb codling in July off the beach, yeah now thats's something to talk about mate! Well done mate
yeah, didnt put up much of a fight, just slightly heavy reeling in, then it nodded the rod a bit 20 yds out and i thought it was a bass. nice to catch something different though.

will93

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
im using a conoflex rod and daiwa 7ht turbo, cliped down bomer rig. trust me i can cast that far. ive got an older bloke i some times fish with who's a regular contributer in sea angler and he sais im hitting that distance. can do about 150yds with a plain 5oz bomb. cheers for that ragworm, everyone should read sea angler because if your a decent angler and follow thier advice it does pay off.

will93
no worries they also featured lydd-on-sea for bassing in there too so im gonna give that a go too lol

G

·
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
it was just a bit of banter will!!

i could cast 1 and a half football pitch lengths when i was your age and the gear wernt all that i used in those days.

i think it was with a moonraker fast tip and a crappy diawa multiplyer.casting distance aint the be all and end all anyway which i'm sure u realise.:)

1 - 20 of 22 Posts