World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
1st time here and on rhe beach in line with the shop. Windy, but no crasging waves. First cast first whiting ... No blank! Using rag and black tipped with squid on a 2 hook flapper. Another soul about a couple of beaches down... Bring them on

Registered
Lucky [email protected]@er, I'm stuck at work and can't go fishing til next month.
Good luck and keep the updates coming.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Update on the days fishing... It was a bit of a mixed bag really. Whiting in abundance, with a few double shots. Rocklings with fat bellies, a Dab and I think a plaice... But was a small one, 8 inches in old money, but fought better than all the whitings put together. (I thought it was an easy spot! To tell the difference) fished from about 11:30 through to 3:30 and bites all the time. The was NO WEED at all. The beach looked remarkably clean, but the shingle shifters were travelling back and forth and have made little shingle gray ones on the beach. No problem though. The sea roughed up a little, but no problem there either. Looked fishy! Using rag and black, both tipped with squid on a 1/0 and a 2 on a flapper. Fished in line with the tackle shop, but a few others were by the car park... Lost one rig on a snag on the retrieve, but I was fishing near a groyne so I could sit my lard ar*e somewhere comfortable and may have snagged a bit of that that has been uncovered further out. Also committed the schoolboy error and leaned back on the rod to free it.... And ended up on aforesaid lard ar*e. Ha ha. A bit of bother with the usual dog walker... Why is it always spaniels? The flatties came on the top of the tide by the way... First time I have fished Pevensey, but will definitely be back if it this sheltered from the wind all the time.. Thanks to the tackle shop for the advice and to Pevensey council for the free car park and open clean toilets...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts