World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would be considered a serious live bait fisherman, this got my undivided attention. This internet article was all about how offshore fishermen can “Supercharge Your Live Baits” by George Poveromo http://www.georgepoveromo.com/content.php?pid=64

Do any of you live baiters use a pure O2 kit like this in your livewells to supercharge your live baits?

·
Registered
5,521 Posts
An air stone was handy as bait tends to be kept in a high number low m2 density.
Not sure trying to over oxygenate will be clever. Most creatures can only tolerate o2 within a certain range, too little and too much will be toxic

·
Registered
5,242 Posts
Not sure that you can "super oxygenate" water??? Would have thought that the amount of absorbed oxygen would be governed mostly by water temp??? Having dabbled with keeping tropical and cold water fish, the most important thing seems to be changing the water regularly to avoid the build up of toxins (ammonia) for the fish waste...

·
Registered
3,178 Posts
I used to load plastic bags with pure oxygen 25 odd years ago when transporting livebaits from the UK to Spain for catfishing (naughty, I know. :whistling:). The drive took us through France and into Spain and took about 22 hours. It was the only real way to do it and the baits were usually in fairly good nick by the time we got there. Keeping them cool enough was the bigger problem.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts