World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
640 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
how do you present a live bait from a pier without using floats and what is the best way to hook the live bait.

:g:

·
Registered
108 Posts
I hook it in the mouth and out between the eyes or just under the dorsal fin. Often no float is needed, either use sinkers to bottom fish or alternatively just let it free and keep a little tension.

·
Registered
5,557 Posts
Have you tried casting out as normal then once the weight is settled get you livebait on a small snood fitted with a snap swivel. Clip this on your main line and let it slide down.

I have had bream, bass, pollack, gars, mack etc. using this off piers and harbour walls as well as rock marks and steep beaches.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Have you tried casting out as normal then once the weight is settled get you livebait on a small snood fitted with a snap swivel. Clip this on your main line and let it slide down.

I have had bream, bass, pollack, gars, mack etc. using this off piers and harbour walls as well as rock marks and steep beaches.
That sounds a great idea, will try that this weekend.
Would it make a difference if you nipped a couple of coarse fishing SSG split shot by the swivel to take it down quicker, especially where it is not a steep beach? Or do you think that may affect the presentation.

·
Registered
3,889 Posts

nice idea ! :) - hows the bite detection?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts