World Sea Fishing Forums banner

Live Fish 4 (almost) angler incentive

1K views 25 replies 12 participants last post by  DoubleShotDamo 
#1 ·
Now heres a thought for all those anglers taking part in tomorrow nights live fish as extra incentive to get you all fishing harder we now have the pleasure to announce that the angler who catches the largest fish of the evening will be the recipient of TEN DVices which have been generously donated by the makers:clap2: :clap2:

i would personally like to thank them for this kind gesture and i for one wish i was out there for a chance at this THANKS DVice:thumbs:

mike

#6 ·
It occured to me that the anglers should have something for themselves. Of course, the main reason we will be shivering our little socks off tomorrow night is one hell of a deserving charity. It is hard enough to a family when an older member is struck down with such an awful illness. What it must do to a family when someone young is diagnosed, I cant even begin to imagine. I am very lucky to have a totally healthy and beautiful 14 year old daughter, I wouldnt know where to turn if she became ill. Its nice to know there is an organisation out there specially equipped to deal with these kids special needs. Thats the most important thing we will be doing tomorrow night, giving them a leg up. And I, like many, have been supprised at peoples gneerosity. I have only been asking for a couple of days, and allready I'm over the £100. I might have a ring around some of my corporate clients tomorrow, you never know! However, the anglers should have some sort of target. I will be fishing hard for the DVices, cos it will save us£20.......... Also, could I point out that DVice is a two ring circus. OneCodBob was, and still is, the technical brains in the venture. I just helped give him the confidence, and then some investment, to make it into a reality. I dont want to take all the blame for making your fishing easier....!!

#11 ·
Good man Ian.

I'm not sure if JD is fishing or not tonight haven't heard from him and he's not answered me on the Brighton thread to say he is coming??

To clarify the "largest fish" caught on the night is with rod and line and it's weight, not length? Juct making sure as my record fish in my crab trap is a 12lb conger eel!

#13 ·
Well young JD won't be winning it - and I doubt that my venue will throw up the biggest one barring a miracle. The Marina or Dorset have to be faves, though the Climping crew might land a stinger.
To be honest, I'm guessing that the biggest fish tonight will be a ray from Hampshire or Dorset. The marina is in with an outside chance, of a good bass or a decent hound, but it is really a little too early for either to be around inshore in numbers. Heres hoping though!! If squid count, then it could well go to the marina. I have my sights fixed on a 5lb+ one....... Yummmy......:) If it was Sunday night, after a day of stiff SW wind, I would say that the marina would be in with an excellent chance of throwing up a good bass, with growing tides as well!

The intention was for the "heaviest single fish".

#15 ·
To be honest, I'm guessing that the biggest fish tonight will be a ray from Hampshire or Dorset. The marina is in with an outside chance, of a good bass or a decent hound, but it is really a little too early for either to be around inshore in numbers. Heres hoping though!! If squid count, then it could well go to the marina. I have my sights fixed on a 5lb+ one....... Yummmy......:) If it was Sunday night, after a day of stiff SW wind, I would say that the marina would be in with an excellent chance of throwing up a good bass, with growing tides as well!

The intention was for the "heaviest single fish".
well well well, and to think i have just been on the phone talking about Ray and the like for tonights fun and games. I can't wait for this.
Just as a matter of principle if JD wins it, It will actually be £17 i hand over:kissing:

#17 ·
ok theres a few prizes on the table now well done to all who have put these up!
BUT and i think we will all agree it agood point , all prizes are so far going the bigest fish, so one person could win the lot. i think it should be the bigest flatfish
the bigest round fish and the smallist fish in cm that get theses prizes.
what you lot putting up these prizes think?

#20 ·
I will put a bag up for every catagory you want,
biggest flat
biggest round
whatever else?
Maybe easy to do it by length as not everyone will have scales, but im sure everyone can take a tape measure. Just my opinion.
Also what about witnesses etc. Or will we just take someones word for it, I think pictures with tape measure next to catch should be compulsary??

#21 ·
I will put a bag up for every catagory you want,
biggest flat
biggest round
whatever else?
Maybe easy to do it by length as not everyone will have scales, but im sure everyone can take a tape measure. Just my opinion.
Also what about witnesses etc. Or will we just take someones word for it, I think pictures with tape measure next to catch should be compulsary??[/QUOTE]

I agree with that

#24 ·
I must have missed it, but where is this happening??!! :unsure: :unsure: :unsure:

I believe there are nine different locations along the South Coast, many of which are not being revealed fo the purpose of not attracting the wong kind of attention!
Your obviously not using your work time in a productive manner. You need to do more time surfing fishing forums, it would appear.......

#25 ·
ok theres a few prizes on the table now well done to all who have put these up!
BUT and i think we will all agree it agood point , all prizes are so far going the bigest fish, so one person could win the lot. i think it should be the bigest flatfish
the bigest round fish and the smallist fish in cm that get theses prizes.
what you lot putting up these prizes think?
Giving all the prizes to one angler is ok with me. Stops the issue getting complicated, and at the end of the day, this isnt a competition, but a charity fish-in. If there shold be any competition, it should be on the individual with the most sponsorship, or something like that. Tape measues etc complicate things not just for the angler, but for poor old BloatedCod, who will have his hands full getting everything up on the internet! Plus Henry wont do well if we have to measue everything. Much better if he uses his magic scales.....!
Having said that, as always, I will go with the flow!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.