World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 20 of 183 Posts

·
Registered
2,313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
ITS LIVE FISH (almost) 6 time guys another SAS organised fishathon event

the sixth episode of this popular event in which you can all take part in some way if you wish whether you are fishing or not

firstly the date: FRIDAY 29, August 6pm till around 1.00am
high tide approx in Sussex is around 1130

The format is again unchanged from previous events

for those new members who are unfamiliar with this event i will briefly explain

if you wish to take part in this event all you have to do is go fishing, at regular intervals during the evening i will call you on your mobile this is usually approx every 20mins or so (depending on the number of anglers taking part) and obtain a catch report from you which is then immediately posted on WSF south coast LIVE FISH 6 (almost) REPORT thread for all the anglers at home to read

you can fish at any venue of your choosing for as long or little as you wish you are not asked to make any phone calls yourseleves but you can send pictures of your catches to the live fish number which will also be posted along with the report you pass on.

we do not reveal who you are or where you are fishing without your permission

the only other matter is that we do try to raise a few pennies for the SAS nominated charities which this year is RNLI and the CHESTNUT TREE HOUSE we all know the fantastic work done by the RNLI but if you would like to know more about the CHESTNUT TREE please look here

http://www.chestnut-tree-house.org.uk/default.asp?id=2

and we are sure you will agree it is a very worthy cause indeed.

All we do ask anglers to do in addition to going fishing is perhaps if they would like to get some sponsorship for going fishing during the evenings event. The last event raised over a £1000 for the charity and to get any where near that figure again would be a considerable achievement. BUT we would like to stress that sponsorship is NOT a condition of the evening it is entirely up to you the individual angler and we would appreciate as many anglers taking part as individuals or as a team as possible sponsored or not.

as most of you know this event has grown in size since the first event of just two anglers to the last which had over seventy taking part and this event looks to be equally as big with hopefully reporting coming from many venues the across the south coast of england, all regions are welcome if they wish to contribute

the event is advertised heavily across Sussex in both press and radio and if we can get enough guys from each county we can spread this even further and make this event bigger and bigger and as always for a needy causes

so if you would like to be a part of this night please PM me and get your name on the list all i need is your mobile no and confirmation of your venue and this will not be divulged to any other parties UNLESS YOU PERMIT ME TO DO SO

all other matters i will firm up with you a day or two before

if you would like to download a sponsorship form it can be done from here
http://www.shorehamangling.co.uk/sas/fishathonsponsorshipAUG08.pdf

look forward to hearing from you and lets do the charities and WSF proud AGAIN

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
What blindfolded?
Nope by fishing a Mark i have Never Fished Before i was gonna have a crack down there this friday but have decided to save it for Live fish so it's more of a fun challenge for me

as for the bindfold thing your have to weight till the 20th of September when i will be most probably Dressed as a Pirate for the SAS intercounty Meet and wearing an eyepatch will have me half blindfolded

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
Im definitely in on this. Really looking forward to it. Just need to find a venue where i can park the van right next to the chosen fishing spot. Just so i can have fresh tea, coffee, and hot grub all night and a kip in the bed if it all gets too much:roll1:

Nice one Bloatedcod

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
Hi Mods, could this be stickied please.

For everyone else reading this, lets get a role call going. Who is up for fishing this top event. Ive still not decided where me and the chuckle wagon are of to.

Cheers

UWI

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
Well .....Me and my Son, " The Bone's" are in for this if anyone want's to join us...West Arm at Shoreham.

Cheers
Tony and Chris

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
Well .....Me and my Son, " The Bone's" are in for this if anyone want's to join us...West Arm at Shoreham.

Cheers
Tony and Chris
Love the team name, mind if i join you guys on team Bone's? Should be a damn good laugh. I'll cook up some Peri Peri Chicken in pita bread for anybody fishing the thon on the arm who wants some:clap2:

UWI:yeah:

G

·
Team ALL WASHED UP AND NOWHERE TO GO will be mostly fishing Sandy Point, piri piri sounds awesome and very tempting, but might have to settle for Haylings finest saveloy and chips!!!!!11

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
Love the team name, mind if i join you guys on team Bone's? Should be a damn good laugh. I'll cook up some Peri Peri Chicken in pita bread for anybody fishing the thon on the arm who wants some:clap2:

UWI:yeah:
Nice one Sean, not sure what I am cooking up yet.

Cheers
Tony

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
I shall be joining u guys down the harbour,cant cook thow so the mrs says:secret::clap2:

·
Registered
4,988 Posts
In the past, have always fished these events on Worthing Pier but have an idea that with the nightclub now open a change of venue might be in order. Decisions, decisions....

·
Registered
2,865 Posts
im thinkin of fishing seaford beach for that night.

anyone else going there?

·
Registered
12,592 Posts
Im in. I would like to keep choice of venue for me open until the last day or so, but I will be somewhere between Hove and Newhaven I guess. Or possibly all venues, depending on how long this one is going on for. Anyone wants to come and play with me is welcome. Team Dvice of course......But travel light and mobile..........:g:
Also, a box of ten DVices to the biggest single heaviest fish caught on the night.

·
Registered
422 Posts
I'm up for it and would be happy to form a team with someone,venue to be decided as soon as i have a team member to consult with!anywhere between ferring and newhaven would be fine by me!i have a car so if you reason for not taking part is transport related let me know and i can pick you up from somewhere sensible. (I live near Upper Beeding.)

·
Registered
803 Posts
Team Blankety Blank ready to go.

Messers WOGAN and DAWSON will be fishing, not catching at the West Arm, Shoreham.

Look forward to an enjoyable evening, hopefully meeting up with some other SAS members and raising loads of cash for two worthy causes.

Oh, and if anyone wants to join our team we still have room for a SAVAGE.

1 - 20 of 183 Posts