World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello to you all,
Having chatted with Woodster and Andy Colmer while fishing South Parade pier last autumn, I thought it about time I made my debut on here by asking if anyone can tell me the name and location of the Havant tackle shop that sells live sandeel. I remember a shop being mentioned on here last year but didn't note which one and where in Havant. Also can confirm that South Parade pier is open for fishing, including the boat deck. Fished it today for a few hours. Float fished frozen sandeel with early mackerel and garfish in mind but drew a blank there. Did catch a couple of wrasse, which if a bit smaller would have gone back in as live bait, but where returned. There were some sizeable bass splashing about under the main structure, but couldn't lure them out. My next effort will be free lining live sandeel under there, if I can get hold of some.

Species for 2007 so far: Rockling, Bass, Wrasse

·
Registered
22 Posts
Havant Tackle shop is 10-12 Park Road South, Havant, Hants PO9 1HB
Telephone Number is 023 92450700
It is on the same side of the road as Halfords, and McDonalds is on the other side of the road.

Hope this helps

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks raven. Excellent. Can't wait to give them a go.

Species for 2007 so far: Rockling, Bass, Wrasse.

·
Registered
1,682 Posts
Thanks raven. Excellent. Can't wait to give them a go.

Species for 2007 so far: Rockling, Bass, Wrasse.
Hi denmark
Nothing to do with sand eels this but, if you go to your user cp at top of the page and then to edit signiture you can put your species list in there. saves you typing it out each time :)

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks JumboHaddock. Had no idea Allans Marine sold them. I tend to use Solent Tackle in Pompey as it's on route if I'm fishing Southsea/Eastney, but Allans Marine is a lot closer than driving out of town.

I'm a bit of a technophobe Slayer, so thanks for the advice with the edit signature. Got it sussed now I think.:) and I've added a smilie

1 - 6 of 6 Posts