World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i've tried livebait rigs before with no success yet and want to give it a proper go what with all the whiting about. i usually go for a large hook knotless knotted with a size 4 with worm a few inches below) but wondered how conditions contribute to success with this method? can you still catch on them when the water's coloured or is it best for it to be relatively clear etc?

thinking of giving it a go later tonight to fine-tune things so i can get on the bigger tides next week.

any advice appreciated! :notworthy

·
Registered
329 Posts
When im livebaiting from the shore all i do is thread a bead up your mainline then tie on a swivel tie 4 ft of Line to that add a gripper and cast that out then get 2-3ft of line tie a snap swivel one end and a 5\0 circle hook the other and clip the snap swivel over your mainline obviously lip hook your pout/ting on the circle and lift you rod high as you can it will zip line down and hold on the bead allowing the fish to swim around a bit hope this kinda helps
Paul.....

·
Registered
1,443 Posts
i've tried livebait rigs before with no success yet and want to give it a proper go what with all the whiting about. i usually go for a large hook knotless knotted with a size 4 with worm a few inches below) but wondered how conditions contribute to success with this method? can you still catch on them when the water's coloured or is it best for it to be relatively clear etc?

thinking of giving it a go later tonight to fine-tune things so i can get on the bigger tides next week.

any advice appreciated! :notworthy
hi two tides
presuming your rig is for casting out and leaving , i would shorten the distance of the bottom hook to just below the bigger one
also if the smaller hook is a circle or similar there's more chance of lip hooking your bait , and not taking both hooks down
which can happen
i would try most conditions this time of year , doesn't matter about dirty water as long as your bait's lively and sending out vibes :thumbs:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.