World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
<font color='#000000'>Has anyone heard of pigs liver being used as a bate to tip of worms,I&#39;ve been told a lot of match fisherman in the north east are using it is this true or am i having my leg pulled. Anyone tried it ? or even heard of it&#39;s use.</font>

·
Registered
17 Posts
<font color='#000000'>I can&#39;t remeber where I have heard of this, but I know I have. I have never tried it myself. I might give it a go.

So, I don&#39;t think they are pulling your leg.</font>

·
Registered
17 Posts
<font color='#000000'>I can&#39;t remeber where I have heard of this, but I know I have. I have never tried it myself. I might give it a go.

So, I don&#39;t think they are pulling your leg.  
</font>

R

·
0 Posts
<font color='#000000'>arg seems as if someones bumbled into my secret&#33;&#33;well its not really my secret but ....well u know. pigs liver catches whiting ten to the dosen. two rods next to each other, one with the traditional worm makky etc and one with the liver, cast to the same spot the liver wins hands down&#33;&#33;&#33;honest&#33;&#33;infact id try fishing liver and tipping with worm&#33;
not funny i know but its been a long day with the dentists drill at the end of it.hope this helps.Ralph</font>

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
<font color='#000000'>had a go with liver last night bagged up with whitties and a pair of small codling to bites were very quick to come must be a big sent trail with all the blood come from the liver cos its packed with it(tipped with worm at first then tried liver on its own and it worked just as well pigs liver is very cheap as well and 2lb lasted ages.</font>

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
<font color='#000000'>When feathering for Mackeral last summer, a guy came up and set up close to me. He was actually using raw chicken fillets for bait. He did say that it was the first time he had tried it - but two of his mates swore by it. I can&#39;t imagine much of a scent trail coming off raw chicken, but I suppose it would be good for absorbing an additive like pilchard oil or something and releasing it fairly slowly. Don&#39;t know how he got on, as I packed up shortly after he arrived, but he had no bites in the time I was there. Personally I think his mates were just being FOWL to him. (sorry, couldn&#39;t resist the pun)</font>

1 - 8 of 8 Posts