World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Decided to head out to the Lizard today for a spot of deep water fishing. Headed to Helston first to get some bait and the obligitory fishing pasties. Picked up some prime rag worm and some prime pasties as well and headed to a deep water mark. Walked the 2 miles to my mark baited up with some rag and blasted it out. My mate did the same and we sat back and enjoyed the sun and the surroundings. First cast his rod registered a nice bite and he was into a wrasse of about 3lbs next my rod went and I picked up a 2lb wrasse and my mate then had a pollack of about a 1lb. More wrasse followed and then I had a cracking bite and struck into what turned out to be a wrasse of about 5lbs. A few more wrasse and small pollack and I suggested we move a bit further round the coast to fish some clean ground. Cast out and also decided to do some spinning after a few casts I caught a small bass I was using a J13 although I thought that plugging wouldnt work at this time of year it obviously did. My friend then had another small bass on a toby which again went back. The rod Ihad in the stand then went a I stuck into it this was a better fish and after it was played out I saw it was a bass of about 3lbs and hoisted it up. After this the tide had turned and it all went quiet for a couple of hours so decided to pack up and go home.

Here is the bass waiting to be cooked

1 - 6 of 6 Posts