World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
started off quite slowly then young ash hit into a whiting.quickly followed up by a doggie for me.ragcaster also into whiting and doggies which pretty much sums up how the night went.wind was a bit of a problem at times but fishable.were a bit dissapointed that after the wind direction over the last few days that not a lot else showed.there was a match involving conwy anglers on at same time they caught pretty much the same as us.hoping to do a bit better over easter at Llangrannog. tight lines people.

·
King of Kings
16,043 Posts
started off quite slowly then young ash hit into a whiting.quickly followed up by a doggie for me.ragcaster also into whiting and doggies which pretty much sums up how the night went.wind was a bit of a problem at times but fishable.were a bit dissapointed that after the wind direction over the last few days that not a lot else showed.there was a match involving conwy anglers on at same time they caught pretty much the same as us.hoping to do a bit better over easter at Llangrannog. tight lines people.
hi been like that for while but aleast u caught.shaggy:clap3:

·
Registered
179 Posts
On another site there was a report that someone had caught 6 mackerel off the pier last night. Take it you didn't see any evidence of any mackerel? Seems very early to me!!!

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
On another site there was a report that someone had caught 6 mackerel off the pier last night. Take it you didn't see any evidence of any mackerel? Seems very early to me!!!
not to sure about that m8 as i didnt have any contact with those on the pier. in all honesty i'd take that with a pinch of salt, your initial instinct probably right but you never know. maybe someone who fished the pier can shed some light on that!!

·
King of Kings
16,043 Posts
not to sure about that m8 as i didnt have any contact with those on the pier. in all honesty i'd take that with a pinch of salt, your initial instinct probably right but you never know. maybe someone who fished the pier can shed some light on that!!
yer it true he caught 6 of them +nice red snapper and codling too .shaggy:)

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
yer it true he caught 6 of them +nice red snapper and codling too .shaggy:)
shaggy, is this normal for this time of year as it seems quite early to me. maybe global warming is having some effect after all, if so can someone send some of it my way!! dont get me wrong m8 am not trying to say they were not caught, just seems early and wondering if this is a sign of the way things will go in future?

·
Registered
644 Posts
nice report mate glad you had a few fish,was told last week by the fella who owns the tackle shop in treaddur bay on anglesea that mackerel had been caught at rhoscolyn recently so it could be true,Del.

·
Registered
6,688 Posts
nice report mate glad you had a few fish,was told last week by the fella who owns the tackle shop in treaddur bay on anglesea that mackerel had been caught at rhoscolyn recently so it could be true,Del.
Delboy,
Got some info through some research that mackeral around wales and the southwest / south of england......that all do not go from the shores but tend to be caught spinning with different baits/lures on the bottom.....?
Coastman:)

·
Registered
644 Posts
Delboy,
Got some info through some research that mackeral around wales and the southwest / south of england......that all do not go from the shores but tend to be caught spinning with different baits/lures on the bottom.....?
Coastman:)
you could be right there i suppose some could stay inshore and not go back out to sea,but you have to wonder whats going on with our topsy turvy weather if it affects the cycle of some fish that migrate around our coast

·
Registered
6,688 Posts
you could be right there i suppose some could stay inshore and not go back out to sea,but you have to wonder whats going on with our topsy turvy weather if it affects the cycle of some fish that migrate around our coast
Researched and watched quite a lot on global info............but far from a expert......just like to question all info.
Some say that a Big freeze is a normal world cycle to come no matter what.....
and that other world evolutions are beyond our understanding at present...?
But me I still believe in doing your bit to conversation as it all contribibutes to the facts known at this time..............no offence just open to all knowledge sources.
Coastman :)

·
Registered
644 Posts
Researched and watched quite a lot on global info............but far from a expert......just like to question all info.
Some say that a Big freeze is a normal world cycle to come no matter what.....
and that other world evolutions are beyond our understanding at present...?
But me I still believe in doing your bit to conversation as it all contribibutes to the facts known at this time..............no offence just open to all knowledge sources.
Coastman :)
not wanting to hijack this thread but i agree with you all the way, i do think a lot of what is happening to our climate is a natural cycle but it`s being hurried along by us and we all should do our bit to recycle things and help in conservation in any way we can to try and slow the process down,Del.

·
Registered
6,688 Posts
not wanting to hijack this thread but i agree with you all the way, i do think a lot of what is happening to our climate is a natural cycle but it`s being hurried along by us and we all should do our bit to recycle things and help in conservation in any way we can to try and slow the process down,Del.
Delboy,
Hijacking is not present mate, just share knowledge and views and come up with a good opinion on life, as I feel thats what we should contribute if we value living and the future...................Coastman:)

·
Registered
5,397 Posts
Managed to finally catch an impromtue 3 hour session of the wall to the right of Llandudno Pier on Thursday night, bumped into a couple of mates as well. Really wasnt in the mood and was out of rotton bottom clips but did get a chance to play with bits of new tackle that hadnt seen salt air.

I ceremoniuosly blanked, but cleared out all the crud from my tackle wallet, mate had a couple of codling and a huge whitting, Wormy blanked and on a downer as he has had a string recently ! Plenty of crabs caught, by god they fight, back up there for a few days from tommorrow so will post at the weekend.

·
King of Kings
16,043 Posts
shaggy, is this normal for this time of year as it seems quite early to me. maybe global warming is having some effect after all, if so can someone send some of it my way!! dont get me wrong m8 am not trying to say they were not caught, just seems early and wondering if this is a sign of the way things will go in future?
seen the pics too to prove it,yes it is very early for around here,global warming mite have something do with it?shaggy

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
seen the pics too to prove it,yes it is very early for around here,global warming mite have something do with it?shaggy
cheers for that, maybe the seasons about to kick into life....heres hoping anyway.:clap2:

·
Registered
179 Posts
The guy concerned has now apologised - it was an April Fool. The fish was from the supermarket and had been hooked on to his line on the pier!!!
Well it got me going and a few others as well - the red snapper should have been the give away - unless I'm mistaken it's natural habitat is the Gulf of Mexico not North Wales.

·
Registered
644 Posts
The guy concerned has now apologised - it was an April Fool. The fish was from the supermarket and had been hooked on to his line on the pier!!!
Well it got me going and a few others as well - the red snapper should have been the give away - unless I'm mistaken it's natural habitat is the Gulf of Mexico not North Wales.
I`ve just seen his post on the other forum,bl**dy convincing as well until you see the piccy of the red snapper and you realise that it must be a wind up,a well thought out one at that.

·
King of Kings
16,043 Posts
arrrr it got me:blink: shaggy

1 - 20 of 22 Posts