World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As it was such a nice day the better half wanted to go out and thought Llandudno would be nice as she could walk the dog on the beach. OK I said as long as I can fish whilst you do that. Didn't arrive till 1, about half hour before low which was about 2 hours later than I had thought we would. Beautiful day, can't complain about the April tan. Total blank as regards fish. Fished till about 5 using a variety of baits - black lug, squid, prawns, sandeel, mussels and macky. Two others also fishing and they blanked as well.
Still did get a chance to try out my new 14 foot telescopic rod which I had just got as a spare from Lidl for £14.99, including reel and carry bag. After several casts decided it was in fact better than my Fladen beachcaster so at least I learnt something. Can't wait to use it for feathering later this summer when the mackerel are in. In fact went and bought another one this morning for my mates 50th birthday later this month.

·
Registered
5,397 Posts
I fished the rocky end close to the Little Orm on the Wednesday and had the smallest see through flatty ever, but was good to get out and about. I fished an hour up and 2 down on high water Thursday night the week before and had whiting with the odd smallish codling and two baby plaice, no doggys much to my surprise ! Off the wall at the side of the pier is worth a try when its dark on high tide with decent sized tides, next weeks a high but I dont think I can escape ! LOL

1 - 2 of 2 Posts