World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7,864 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Fished this afternoon, only for a couple of hours after a meeting I had nearby. Dropped my mate off there before that.

A few friendly folks there - apparently it was a quiet day with just a couple of woofers landed plus sadly a nice codling est. 6lb lost on the surface.

Tried mussel-peeler cocktails hurled as far as possible in the general direction of that green building on the Prom, from the RH corner, hoping for a Plaice, which is where local suggested I might try. It's a species I want to catch from the shore this year, having never done so (oddly they are a very infrequent beach-catch at my usual marks down here): Deganwy would have been choice #1 but the amount of water coming down the Conwy after the recent rain put me off. So the Pier it was instead.

Not a titter!

My mate Alun had a takeable pollack straight down on mackerel, missed a second bite and that was that. Maybe the ebb on a big tide is not the best time to fish here? Nice and tidy spot though, fair play, and extremely comfortable compared to Cardiac Hill and similar spots that are our usual N Wales haunts when the weather permits!

Cheers - John

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
John,

West Shore is allegedly good for Plaice, not really fished there though.

Had 1 and probably 2 (Flounder/Plaice doubt!) from Trefor Pier both to Ragworm baits at dusk

·
Registered
7,864 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I was wondering about trying some of the Lleyn venues for them Gareth - Porth Oer is supposed to be one such spot.

Did try Trefor a while back but no luck on the plaice front. Someone told me they are at rather long range there - can anyone confirm this?

Cheers - John

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
both? of mine at about 60m range at Trefor

1 - 4 of 4 Posts