World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
thinking of giving llandulas a shot tomorrow night over low water, anyone fished there of late, just woundering whats about? will post a report on thursday.

·
King of Kings
16,043 Posts
thinking of giving llandulas a shot tomorrow night over low water, anyone fished there of late, just woundering whats about? will post a report on thursday.
not heard much coming out there but no bass can found there.shaggy

·
Registered
449 Posts
only ever caught macks at llandulas, but have heard of some bigger fish to the right by the rivermouth but only to distance and it is a bit of a tackle graveyard. Fortune favours the brave, look forward to your report.

·
Registered
123 Posts
fished there two or three weeks ago low water not far from river mouth and lost everythin i casted! no bites no rigs left! look forward to thursday.......

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
fished llandulas last night down by the old pier. when i got there i noticed a large piece of old fishing net in the water, i dragged it in and released the dogfish that was trapped in it. i then cut up the net and disposed of it. well that was all the action in a nut shell for llandulas as out of 6 rods fishing with every bait imaginable we did'nt even have 1 bite. leaving llandulas and the car park full of gay doggers, we went to old colwyn and fished til 6.30 this morning and the only fish i caught was a weever fish, gutted. oh well it did save me from the first blank of the year i suppose.

·
King of Kings
16,043 Posts
fished llandulas last night down by the old pier. when i got there i noticed a large piece of old fishing net in the water, i dragged it in and released the dogfish that was trapped in it. i then cut up the net and disposed of it. well that was all the action in a nut shell for llandulas as out of 6 rods fishing with every bait imaginable we did'nt even have 1 bite. leaving llandulas and the car park full of gay doggers, we went to old colwyn and fished til 6.30 this morning and the only fish i caught was a weever fish, gutted. oh well it did save me from the first blank of the year i suppose.
unlucky but like said no blank,well done with getting rid of net :clap::thumbs:shaggy

·
Registered
449 Posts
The fishing is really tough this year, the north coast has been badly affected with firstly the algae and then the effluent discharge, with the price of juice for the car, it has made going a lot further to fish more difficult. At least you didn't blank. Was it lip hooked? my hubby always foul hooks weever fish and they leaves it to me to get them off. They are ugly little spuds and I have managed to get stung twice in the last 3 years.

Better fortune next time out!!

·
Registered
2,087 Posts
living only a few minutes from llanddulas i have not fished there much,but have been told that it is a a great bass mark in between the two quarry piers when there is a good surf in the autumn ,have caught plenty of whiting in the winter but dont have any experience of summer fishing there.if you try to fish there (by the river)you need a very big cast even at low water(70yds)to hit a snag free area,other wise its very tackle hungry.best as with any mark to have a look at low water to find a clear spot to drop your bait.

·
Banned
1,068 Posts
Never done any good at llandulas except on a big tide at low water. Then only doggies. So 'good' is overstating it. Yet to find when the right conditions are - might give it a chuck in autumn as poster above suggested.

·
Registered
339 Posts
Kayakers seem to do okay there I think. I will be giving it a go with the flyrod or plugs next time we get good weather with a south-westerly.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Llandulas is one of my favourite venues and I have had some decent Bass there over the years, although only three there this year biggest 4Lbs this year.

I always find it is best on a big tide and I fish an hour and a half before low and the same after, I have had fish in the rocks by the old jetty on the river mouth and also dead opposite the Marker to the right as you enter the car park. It is best also with a good North westerly Blow or the day after, many people say this is a Lug beach but I have always had best results on peeler. You can expect tackle loss but if you want to catch decent Bass I think you will have to put up with that hope this info helps.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts