World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my mate vaughan and myself arrived at llandwyn at 1130 after a right trek newborough carpark to the island.
we fished 1 hr down and 3 up.
what a lovely day, (if you were on a boat) not a breath of wind or a ripple on the sea, which didnt lend to good beach fishing.
started off with 2 hook flapper and worm and got nowhere. after an hour switched to 1 hook flowing trace and squid and lug cocktail and bang 100 metre cast and 1st and only fish of the day, a doggie.
not a whistle of a bite after that. that was on the turn of the tide.
we spoke to various local walkers who all had a different perspective on where excactly to fish.

eventually we left and went to moel y don on the straits and fished up to high water.

single hook again and worm only. i got some god almighty bites on 3 consecutive casts. each 1 was one big snatch ans the worm was gone up to the hook, but alas no fish.

great day out though met some decent people, just wish i could meet a forrestry commission man with a spare key to the bottom gate at newborough, that walk was knackering.

cheers anyway

p a s

Attachments

·
King of Kings
16,043 Posts
my mate vaughan and myself arrived at llandwyn at 1130 after a right trek newborough carpark to the island.
we fished 1 hr down and 3 up.
what a lovely day, (if you were on a boat) not a breath of wind or a ripple on the sea, which didnt lend to good beach fishing.
started off with 2 hook flapper and worm and got nowhere. after an hour switched to 1 hook flowing trace and squid and lug cocktail and bang 100 metre cast and 1st and only fish of the day, a doggie.
not a whistle of a bite after that. that was on the turn of the tide.
we spoke to various local walkers who all had a different perspective on where excactly to fish.

eventually we left and went to moel y don on the straits and fished up to high water.

single hook again and worm only. i got some god almighty bites on 3 consecutive casts. each 1 was one big snatch ans the worm was gone up to the hook, but alas no fish.

great day out though met some decent people, just wish i could meet a forrestry commission man with a spare key to the bottom gate at newborough, that walk was knackering.

cheers anyway

p a s
nevermind paul the best at mo to fish is too the left of carpark but saddly heard that there are gillnets set down there.shaggy

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
the tide was never out enough really to see if there were any nets out but there were certainly no markers for them. p a s

1 - 4 of 4 Posts