World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
me and an accomplice are going to llandwyn island tomorrow to fish low water up.
last time involved a hughe walk from the carpark at newborough.
i saw later on that there were cars parked almost at the entrance to the island.
the gate to the side road was locked when we looked on our arrival.

does anyone know of how we get to nearer the mark with a car.

weather looking good for tomorrow and enthusiasm even better.
not been out in over a month.
cheers. pas.

·
The Podlie King
1,336 Posts
Didn't I hear once that you need to stay on the island for the whole tide cycle as you get cut-off? i was chatting with a guy in Gwalchmai that said him and his mates used to do it as an all nighter because of this.
Looking forward to seeing what you get on there Paul.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
does that mean residents of the island or local residents, if its local then i'm wondering if a key can be loaned on deposit from a nearby local business as the key to the caverns near to cable bay can.
as to our exploits tomorrow, i'll take the camera and see what appears,
cheers so far.
paul.

·
Registered
268 Posts
there are no residents on the island (at least anymore!). The residents of Newborough have keys I think your chances of getting one are pretty remote unless you get pally with someone there. You'll have to walk up unfortunatley and its a hell of a walk with tackle! Even on a large tide you aren't cut off for too long there, usually no more than 4 hours tops.

·
Registered
222 Posts
A m8 of mine is on the comunitty council the resident caught lending out his key will b fined and the key taken off him, the residents also have a pass on the windscreens and the do spot checks on the lower carpark everyday so they can tell if an outsider is there,what i do is walk along the road down 2 the lower c/park its easier than walking thru heavy sand

1 - 8 of 8 Posts