World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fished the beach with light gear and a load of maddies. 21 Flatties & 9 schoolies between me and my mate. Nothing sizeable but good fun.

·
Registered
9,091 Posts
The Bear said:
Fished the beach with light gear and a load of maddies. 21 Flatties & 9 schoolies between me and my mate. Nothing sizeable but good fun.

nice one!!! im off down in 2 weeks.like to try for golden greys again .keep on fishin :) :cool:

·
Registered
9,091 Posts
MaJeeKa said:
nice one...where you get your maddies from?

hi ,i get maddies from country stores Gowerton or Rogers tackle marina Swansea brand :)

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
Did you see Big spence down there?

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Got my maddies from the swansea marina shop, get plenty, we ran out. I would phone too to reserve your bait as it sounds like a few of you will be going down.
GO GET THEM MULLET

·
Registered
300 Posts
what size hooks for the mullet?
also what size tide and what part of the tide u fish it at
cheers
MaJeeKa(paul)

·
Registered
464 Posts
Hi lads fished there yesterday plenty of small flounders and schoolies close in and a few small smooth hounds about 70yrds out all on mud rag still no Golden Greys feeding down there though they were there in numbers.

·
Registered
9,091 Posts
MaJeeKa said:
cheers
MaJeeKa(paul)

hi use small between 4 and 1,11.3 and11.8 tides as you come onto the beach from the car park turn left,usually to avoid surfers, go 300,400 yds and up to the house on the hill behind you,25mins walk. fish along this anywhere.mullet wont be far away,from behind youin the shallows to 20yds out good luck ill be down in a fortnight :)

·
Registered
300 Posts
do u park in rhossili (worms head) or hillend (burry holms) end
paternost rigs or running ledger?
sorry for being a pain
MaJeeKa(paul)
ps well done for the mag :)

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
Park in the Big Car park opposite the Worms Head Pub about £3 all day unless you are there early it is then free.
Travel light and walk down the steps down to the beach.
You can park in Llangennith holiday park but a few cars have been done there.
2 hook paternosters or single hook rig on light gear casting about2 ft out into surf is good fun when they are there or you might get a bonus bass as well.
size 1 hooks

·
Registered
186 Posts
john you should have mention the walk down the steps is ok but coming back its heart attack inducing especially in chesties.

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
Did i forget to mention that Seymour?
Oops but you are right if you need chesties wear trainers down then put them on and trainers to come back up.

·
Registered
325 Posts
MaJeeKa said:
cheers
MaJeeKa(paul)
your best bet if the greys are about is size 4 hooks on a 2 or 3 hook paternoster rig on a smallish tide using a 2 ounce "clock"weight fishing in front of the haunted house, preferably if its raining or overcast,personally i have never caught one, every time the conditions are right i'm somewhere else !

·
Registered
9,091 Posts
The Bear said:
Has anyone ever caught one?

yes,last year i went down sept,2 trips and had 4 greys to 1.5 lb 5 schoolies ,2 flounder to 1.5 lbs ill be going down hopfully next wk. :cool:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts