World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone.I hope to be fishing the the above fundraiser.I was wondering if any of you kind gentleman could point me in the right direction as to the bait/tackle to use.Would a spinning rod be okay or would a bass rod be better,which end rigs and size leads etc...Thanks in advance for any replies...

·
Registered
14,739 Posts
to the forum search engine you will find loads of info. However for the GG's a spinning rod would be ok depending on length and casting weight. A Bass rod would cover more options incase the GG's don't show on the day but as it's a meet and not a match you could use two rods. tackle ;paternosters with size 2 hooks for the GG's or a simple running ledger. Normal flappers for the Bass and flounder. Baits. Maddies for the GGs and lug for the rest.
PS weights ; 2 oz ball upto 4 oz grippers depending on the sea state.

·
Registered
1,227 Posts
The last meet I fished, I couldn't work out why anglers were catching ggs all around me (even Blueskip!) but I wasn't. I tried using just 2 maddies instead of a bunch and straight away I was into fish.

·
Registered
6,391 Posts
if you are going out to buy hooks i would suggest size 4 kammasan short shank match,brill hooks.i use a spinning rod i use my greys its a 60 - 100g but have also used in the past a 40 -60gms and i use a 1 1/2oz lead,its surprising what size lead you can get away with on gennith.
tight lines roamer.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts