World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,759 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thinking of fishing genith tmor low to high water,,,anybody been there lately,,,anybody going there tomorrow,,,,,big tide and been stormy could be good,,,what u think,,,,,??....paul

·
Registered
131 Posts
The size of the tides aren't a problem, imo its best fished with light gear and the rod in the hand. a little rucksack for your bait. maddies in the day, lug or razor in the night. an easy lob and wander along with the tide - no need to run up and down shifting a tripod and seat box that you don't need anyway! however, although some surf is essential i get blanks when the surf gets up over five foot. two to four seems the best size to me - check 'magic seaweed' for a surf forecast. over 10 seconds on the swell period and a light offshore gives best results - ideal surf conditions = ideal bass conditions. Good luck!

·
Sole Man!
1,680 Posts
Great info, that's what this forum is all about!

·
Registered
656 Posts
Any idea what the weed will be like at the top of the beach Tim if there is a bit of surf? Never fished it on big tides but can imagine all weed and crap at the top of the beach getting washed up in the surf.

·
Registered
656 Posts
Also Tim only my opinion the surf is supposed to make for better fishing and I do agree but I've had real good sessions in the dark where its been flatter than a witches tit then when there's been surf on and good conditions etc I've walked away with a couple of bites and the odd school bass. Although I admit I've caught well in the same surf conditions on other tides. One thing that has been the same in my sessions though is the cover of darkness which for a predatory fish like bass is a perfect time to put its skills to good use.

·
Registered
793 Posts
a massive surf for me as been a no no, although my best bass off Genith is only 5.5lbs i have had better trips on med tides during dark with a small to medium surf- 2-3 foot max. Which is not a hard and fastv rule for most people and most beaches - just my experience here.....

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.