World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
464 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Fished here today me and a mate we managed 1 small starry smoothie and three schoolies biggest about a pound and a half, all returned :)

·
Registered
94 Posts
down there sat night couple small pout , very poor , nice night though an a couple there fishing , fished low water at 10pm .

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
Nice one Spence conservation at heart maybe other Anglers should take a page out your book m8

·
Registered
76 Posts
big_spence said:
Fished here today me and a mate we managed 1 small starry smoothie and three schoolies biggest about a pound and a half, all returned :)
well done spence nice to know there are good fishermen releasing the fish back to grow and reproduce... you know it makes sense guys. :)

·
Registered
331 Posts
i fished there saturday afternoon with the barrelreef. I had 2 very small flounder about the size of my hand both were released safely. Looking forward to go there again thou but it will be in the night or midweek to keep away from the surfers and holidaymakers.

·
Registered
331 Posts
barrelreef i think all the time you've been taking the mick of me when i blanked and then went on to marcus saying he had a dose of blankeritus as passed on to you sorry mate you are the unlucky 1 goodbye

·
Registered
12,181 Posts
Fishing the small night tides is still the best bet at Llangenith, but remember that come the end of June, the bass tend to move off the beaches onto the rock marks, where they hunt the prolific moulting crabs in the gulleys at low water, & they ambush the shoaling mackerel close-in on the still summer evenings.
July is the time to be fishing the gulleys with crab (on the most basic minimum rig) on lightish tackle, & feeling for the pluck, pluck, pluck before the run. Spinning with a redgill (silver or mother of pearl) on a part filled bubble float, or free lining a live mackerel as the sun goes down, that's what July is to me! Get out there, but dont go to my favourite spots!!!!!!!!!!
blueskip

1 - 8 of 8 Posts