World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
fished last night low-high with 3 mates had 5 flatties and a1lb bass myself ,1mate 4flatties and a schoolie ,2flatties,1flattie all in all a very productive night and thats without the missed knock

·
Registered
325 Posts
good result its starting to turn into summer and the fish are beginning to bite i'm hearing stories of 8 and 11 pouders showing up iv'e been dog rough since wednesday iotherwise i'd have been chasing them myself "and im sure that golden grey that dave lewis catches down llangenith is resident in his freezer "only joking!!! for all the humourless out there .anyway well done fishfingers

·
Registered
12,181 Posts
Sorry Dog Hop, as much as it galls me to defend "Matty", I have had plenty of Golden Greys myself from down there, especially powards the Holms end, the fact that it is usually away from the surfers may only be a coincidence, but I have only ever caught them up that end.
So apologise to David, & tell him he can eat that one in his freezer now, because other people have caught them as well!
blueskip

·
Registered
12,181 Posts
Tides; as small as possible!
Times; H.W. IDEALLY corresponding with FIRST LIGHT! fish from 1hr before low water, up to high water, & if you are really "hard" & the first 2hrs back.
Wind; As little as possible!
BIG TIP!!! Check the tide table, & if the tide is 18" (0.5metre) or more, BIGGER, than the corresponding tide, 24hrs EARLIER, then stay home! The increase in tide height of more than 18" kicks up too much sand!!!!!
If you get out of the car & you can HEAR the surf, be prepared for a mediocre night, even if all other conditions are right!
Big bass dont seem to like the sand in their gills, & Llangenith can get a lot of suspended sand in the water when the surf is up. Cefn Sidan is similar but because its South facing as opposed to West facing, the wind tends not to kick so much sand up in the water,
Baits for bass as big as possible, whole razorfish, big sandeel, cod sized pennel rig with a pair of 3/0s, lug/squid so long as its big (if you use soft or peeler crab you will catch smoothounds so dont bother)!
Heave it well out, & fish a second rod closer in for fun, with smaller worm baits for schoolies & flounders. If you are fishing a comp there are extra points for surfers!
blueskip

·
Registered
129 Posts
Hi lads,

Nice to see that you've been doing well down there Fishfingers.
I wish i had a few fish when i ventured down there yesterday with a few friends who were visiting this weekend. Dispite my warnings of high wind and driving rain, they insisted we went. Fished by the cliffs on the LHS and to cut a long story short i've started aching today and feel as if i havent warmed up yet..there's no fish in the freezer, actually i didnt even see a bite and the rods have got various amounts of chips due to the fact that they kept disapearing thanks to the wind..all in all, a sh***y day!!!!

Fishfingers, were did you fish and what baits??????

·
Registered
325 Posts
skip,i put both hands up and i'll admit i thought they were a myth so if you ever intend on going down there again, i formally ask for a masterclass in golden grey hunting, if you could fit me in i would be most appreciative! . and if fishfingers fished it right in front of the haunted house no wonder he caught "my mate used to live there and there's a ghost that taps you on the shoulder ,when you turn round its gone " much like the bites you get at genith reel 'em in and there,s nothing there ! spooky!!

·
Registered
12,181 Posts
I reckon you been watching too much tele! Things that go bump in the night, how to remove the fishy smell from hands! Is this turning into the Julian Clary Forum?
That house used to be a rectory, doesn't "him upstairs" sort out the ghost thing in vicars houses, not many perks with that job eh?
I usually treck up towards the Holms it tends to be quieter up there away from the surfers a bit, mind I have to keep my eye out for the "Burry Holms Bogey Man"
& the "Hillend Werewolf" has been known to attack anglers at the full moon! Aghhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!
blueskip

1 - 9 of 9 Posts