World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
325 Posts
renegade,welcome to the site,there have been reports of bass and flatties being caught between the house in the middle of the beach and the bottom of rhossilli cliffs but that was two weeks ago they were caught on maddies and squid tips with a size four hook,two hook flapper rig they werent very large fish so they were all returned but the boys had a good day out it was early evening on an 11 metre tide so the tide was ebbing at the time of the catches, let us know if you catch anything i cant wait to get down there and try for golden greys in the summer!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks for info was going to try this saturday but bad weather forcast so will give miss this weekend will try soon

·
Registered
30 Posts
fished last nightgot there early as we had to pick up bait so started to fish straight away at 6.30 3hrs before low water at approx 8.15 one bass then another next cast a nice flattie about 10 o,clock
weather was atrocious fed up of putting rod down to get weed off so come about 11£20 worth of bait down the drain

·
Welsh Dangler
3,340 Posts
Shame about the bait mate. I think we've all done gone out with the best intentions and ended up wasting bait cos the weather has turned bad.

just one of those thing I suppose

·
Registered
7,887 Posts
Barrelreef said:
Shame about the bait mate. I think we've all done gone out with the best intentions and ended up wasting bait cos the weather has turned bad.

just one of those thing I suppose
Sounds familiar M8!

At Tywyn if the weed's about you can have a snapped line from the strain of hauling the bastard stuff in on occasion!

Cheers - John

·
Welsh Dangler
3,340 Posts
I agree. Everybody says to get out fishing straight after storm but there is a fine line between getting the good 'uns and picking up all the loose weed.

I suppose you gotta take the rough with the smooth though eh?

If we did'nt love we wouldn't do it

1 - 7 of 7 Posts