World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
thinking of having a crack on beach on saturday any advice as best place to fish and is it fishing any good and are them peskey surfers there at present

·
Registered
186 Posts
try and fish more towards the middle of the beach as the surfers cant be bothered to walk very far, just look for a nice bit of surf is the best bit of advice along with long snoods, size 2/4 hooks with maddies for bait and look along the surf line for buterfish or clams if they are being washed up they make good baits to tip off and keep you're eyes open for the golden grey mullet in the surf.good luck mate.

·
Registered
383 Posts
if you walk left towards worms head you will tend to find most of the surfers will stick close to the middleand near the exits of the beach.last time i was down there it wasn't the surfers but the kite surfers who were the pain in the butt.if your fishing for bass use fresh worm and if your fishing for flatties i use maddies tipped of with sandeel tails or the white skin of mackeral

·
Registered
6,973 Posts
I remember years ago being driven in an old Landy along this beach is there still access for vehicles?

·
Registered
186 Posts
most definetly butterfish they are a small creamy shelled clam. often find them in the surf line about 1-2 inches across. no access for vehicles as far as i'm aware.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Nope, There are no vehicles allowed on the Gennith. Saying that if you park at the main car park, it's only a short walk across the dunes and onto the beach but if you wanna fish low water, it's a bit of a trek to get to the water, if you know what i mean!?!?!?!?

Rhosilli end is easier/quieter - if you park in the carpark at rhossilli you can follow the sign for the beach down the pathway (great photo op). Its not too bad goin down but after a long day its a bit of trek back up!!!

Pottsy

1 - 11 of 11 Posts