World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

Went to llangennith on Friday and Saturday, armed with some mud rag and my frozen lugworms from a previous trip.

Fished from roughly the same spot on both days down on the left towards the White House.

Friday - 6 school bass and 1 lost on landing, plus a flounder. All the bass were about 8 inches long apart from one...which put up a good fight for a small fish and led me to proclaim to the girlfriend that "this is a better fish love"...only to be greeted by the smallest of the lot at about 6 inches! Hahaha! Cue much laughter by me! If that bass grows to be a good size it'll put up a heck of a fight!

Saturday was a bit dead, went with my brother...had 1 small schoolie on the last cast but at least it beat the blank!

Funny thing was a guy turned up next to us and promptly caught a flattie and a bass within about an hour...maybe they only wanted the lighter gear he was using! Still, had good fun and has whetted the appetite for next time!

Spoke to couple of other guys on friday as we were walking back up the beach and they were not having much luck at all...maybe I just got the right spot!!

Be interested to see if any of you guys were the ones I spoke to on Friday!

Cheers

A

·
RNLI Fundraiser and Legend
15,608 Posts
Hi all,

Went to llangennith on Friday and Saturday, armed with some mud rag and my frozen lugworms from a previous trip.

Fished from roughly the same spot on both days down on the left towards the White House.

Friday - 6 school bass and 1 lost on landing, plus a flounder. All the bass were about 8 inches long apart from one...which put up a good fight for a small fish and led me to proclaim to the girlfriend that "this is a better fish love"...only to be greeted by the smallest of the lot at about 6 inches! Hahaha! Cue much laughter by me! If that bass grows to be a good size it'll put up a heck of a fight!

Saturday was a bit dead, went with my brother...had 1 small schoolie on the last cast but at least it beat the blank!

Funny thing was a guy turned up next to us and promptly caught a flattie and a bass within about an hour...maybe they only wanted the lighter gear he was using! Still, had good fun and has whetted the appetite for next time!

Spoke to couple of other guys on friday as we were walking back up the beach and they were not having much luck at all...maybe I just got the right spot!!

Be interested to see if any of you guys were the ones I spoke to on Friday!

Cheers

A
nice report mate try and join us on the 5th plenty of help and tips:victory::victory:

·
Registered
6 Posts
allright mate, we were there on fri 3 of us, spoke to you i think as you passed us, we managed one small flattie between us using lug and rag left about 10.oclock, going up again soon may see u up there.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts