World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Afternoon all,

Fished llangennith this morning...earlier this week I'd arranged to go with my dad so didn't want to cancel it...plus I wanted to get some practice in before next weekend! But we got there and WOW! The waves were breaking about half a mile out and they were absolutely enormous! Wind was full on in the face but cutting across slightly. Accepting that this was going to be difficult we set up...the hooklengths on our flapper rigs were near horizontal as we tried to bait up!!

The whole session was really difficult...bite detection was impossible unless you were holding the rod and the wind kept on dislodging the leads and practically blowing the rigs ashore! (my fault for only taking plain leads) I lost count of the number of times my heart sank when I saw my shockleader emerging from the sea! :doh:

Anyway...only 1 decent bite which was lost and a very difficult/impossible day! Still, always nice to get out and fish...even if we did both blank! :ph34r:

heres hoping to a better session next weekend!

Cheers

A

·
Registered
12,181 Posts
As big as a frying pan for putting your nose through the dunes!:clap: If its like this next Saturday I will go for the raffle, the thought of being stood on Llangenith, leaning at 45 degrees into the wind, trying to hold bottom with a 6oz grip lead, doesn't "float my boat" at all!:nonono:
So I will make my way there with my entry fee & raffle money AFTER you have all got blown away!:whistling: If this bloody weather continues, & by all accounts its in for the week, dropping away to almost an 'Angels Fart" by Sunday morning!:nono: " I dont bloody believe it" as my namesake would say!:g:

·
Registered
988 Posts
As big as a frying pan for putting your nose through the dunes!:clap: :
I'm with Blueskip on the medal front. Very good effort. I cried-off going down there last night due to seeing the forecast of a Force 8 coming in. . . . . I refuse to use grippers down there (not that it sounds like they were sufficient).

Plus I loathe fishing when the bite-detection is non-existant. . . . . to me it takes a lot of the enjoyment out.

Extreme fishing with "Robson 'the knob' Green" has nothing on Llangennith when it get's really snotty :help:!!!!

Nice 1 :clap3:

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Of course the title should read 28th August! :doh:

It was gruelling to say the least! So, still waiting for my first GG Mullet! Although I knew that would be the case when we got there! Haha!

I did pick a tiny washed up whiting out of the surf and tried to return him...alas he was determined to die and was last seen around the high water mark! :doh:

·
Registered
12,181 Posts
Thats why I'm not fishing it in a "Hooley" next week!:whistling:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts