World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,
this is my first proper post on the forum so i thought i'd make it a catch report :D i was fishing at llangennith on saturday with the old man, and had a pretty good sesh. Started in the afternoon about and hour after low tide, and the surf was up lively enough to look fishy. we were both using light 3oz rated bass rods with real simple 2 hook paternosters and 3oz plain leads and mud rag. we were fishing down the bottom of the beach towards the worm as surfies were filling up the main part. as i waded out to sling out the rig i saw a group of 3 mullet go straight past me on an incoming wave, in water no more than about6 or 8 inches deep! weren't expecting any monsters just a bit of fun fishing, but the golden greys are lovely to catch. a few casts in produced a nice fish for me, a mullet of about 2lb! well chuffed with that. from then we continued to catch schoolie bass, the biggest of which maybe a pound, but teriffc fun with bites in 5 minutes of casting, including a double hookup for me which tricked me into thinking i had a bigger one. nope, just 2 plump 1 pound fish. we fished up until a little after high tide, and then began to head back. it was a good evening but i was dissapointed by the lack of flounder which i expected, although the lad and his farther next to me caught a nice sized flattie. as we walked back up the beach having exhausted our supply of maddies i saw a group of people (anglers surfies? it was too dark to tell) around the small creek flowing into the sea. i remember last year this area was good for flatties, maybe next time. if the surf is down a little i may use a spinning rod here next time with 2oz leads, get a bit more sport out of the small fish.
ATB
Aaron.
Fluid Fish Wetland

Attachments

·
Registered
4,170 Posts
welcome to the forum

cracking report and pics...will look out for them in the future

john

·
Registered
584 Posts
Cracking report mate and a few fish to. Nice to see pictures with the report.

·
Registered
4,197 Posts
Good evening Aaron (Rush),

Welcome to the forum and congratulations on a good report. Good to read of your interest in Light tackle fishing so with respect, I would like to draw your attention to the Sticky Thread at the top of this page, titled "Artificials and the Bristol Channel". Reading between the lines of your report, I think you may find the content of the "artificials" thread of special interest. It is a very long thread and contains information on hard and soft luring, Light Rock Fishing (L.R.F), Saltwater fly fishing together with informative posts and advice submitted by some of the local experts.

Look forward to your future reports,

Best regards,

Ticker (Derek Townsend)

·
Registered
2,024 Posts
welcome to WSF, i hope you enjoy using the site.
I have met some very good friends on here that i would not have met without this site.
Nice report too, glad to see the golden greys are still there.
Simon

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Good evening Aaron (Rush),

Welcome to the forum and congratulations on a good report. Good to read of your interest in Light tackle fishing so with respect, I would like to draw your attention to the Sticky Thread at the top of this page, titled "Artificials and the Bristol Channel". Reading between the lines of your report, I think you may find the content of the "artificials" thread of special interest. It is a very long thread and contains information on hard and soft luring, Light Rock Fishing (L.R.F), Saltwater fly fishing together with informative posts and advice submitted by some of the local experts.

Look forward to your future reports,

Best regards,

Ticker (Derek Townsend)
Thanks for all the positivie feedback lads :) and derek that post has caught my eye and i am very interested in it, i will have a read now. i have done some soft plastics fishing in pembrokeshire before for bass and pollack and would like to explore this L.R.F more.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.