World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
first time out in a long time due to work commitments, but I got nagged enough by a few colleagues to take them out after there first bass for both.
Also I would like help with someone telling me where is best to park please?

Started fishing at roughly 1930hrs on Saturday evening and came back at 0600hrs Sunday morning. I told everyone to only bring one rod each as I really didn’t want to be tying rigs and whatever else on 6 rods every 5 mins. Each rod had a two hook flapper size 1/0 with black and green beads on the snood 5 of each colour. Bait used was maddies and king rag mixed. (Couldn’t get any lug)

anyways fishing started good on the ebbing tide as low was due at 2130hrs with the first cast producing a golden grey my first of the year. And everyone getting plenty of bass and flounder action. I hooked into a larger fish that was giving a good account of its self but unfortunately it fell off the hook before I could get eyes on it. but it was defiantly a larger fish as I had only cast 30yds and the fish much have taken a good 20yds of line before bumping off.

fishing went quiet on the slack tide for an hour but I expected this and the turn of the tide co-incided with sunset leaving the first hour of the flood, even keeping one rod baited in the water was a pain. I noticed that the gripper lead kept getting stuck in the sand and retrieving it was a pain on the flood and I did start to miss a few bites. I’d imagine the fish would self hook then use the non moveable lead as an anchor to throw the hook. So I changed to a 1 1/2 OZ watch lead that I had flattened with a hammer and instantly starting hitting the fish again.

overall though think there was something ridiculous like 40 flounder between the three of us. 20 odd bass the biggest being 2 -3 lbs and a GG

average stamp of bass for the night

Plenty of flounders again this was the average stamp

and finally the first GG of the year

·
Registered
84 Posts
Well done, put my thurs night effort to shame at same venue. Park at hillend carpark and tell the guys your fishing all night, they are easy going and even wrote "gone fishing" and signed on a parking ticket for me to put in windscreen.

·
Registered
8,654 Posts
Great report thanks for sharing, love the smiley face of the guy with the impressive moustache lol

Reactions: z42

·
Registered
2,850 Posts
Great report guys and good pics . Nice to see a GG again as lockdowns stopped me, seems like such a long time. Glad to hear they are in though .

1 - 12 of 12 Posts