World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After a sea fishing gap of 3 years, I finally managed to get a session in, after some helpful advice from Stu_ I fished the last 3 hours of the flood at Llanrhystud, 4 whiting and 1 dog fish, fished 2 rods, one at distance which blanked, and one at short range which took all the fish, all in all an enjoyable session, all fish were lip hooked and returned.

·
Registered
2,319 Posts
Well done, mate :) were the whiting any size?

·
Registered
2,319 Posts
Not too bad :) the better whiting are still not showing en mass then. I'm stuck in revising for my exams at the moment and absolutely gagging to get out and wet a line. I may just wait until I hear of better fish.
By the way, I'm still not sure why, but generally any report coming from north of Newquay gets posted in the North Wales section. Been posting for two years and still don't get it, but that's where we are and you'll find more local reports there than in this section :) Top group of regular posters with good banter too.

·
Registered
2,319 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
When you need to go. go ! don't rely on other peoples reports as by the time you get them they are out of date, this cold snap we are going to have will bring the fish in, the rain we have had over the past few months has delayed the cod season (if not stopped it) they are there, but the fresh water puts them off and out of casting distance

·
Registered
2,319 Posts
You're right, if you're not fishing, you're not going to catch anything.
That's a well marked doggy! If the conditions play ball I may just see you there on those dates :) Got a week off that week and I suppose I should spend it fishing :p

1 - 14 of 14 Posts